empsters ongoing ride.......Time for a bit of a trim

Show off your pristine van, restoration, or daily driver.

Topic Author
e m p i

Re: empsters ongoing ride.......Time for a bit of a trim

Post by e m p i » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:21 am

View out of my window. What’s not to like.
Over the other side of the house there’s an uninterrupted view of about 5 miles across the valley and to the left you can see the Atlantic :cheers:

305FDE98-6B19-48C9-B64C-1719F1E5B6DF.jpeg
Here’s a shot of one of our trips out last summer just before we moved. Rather then doing VW shows we opted to do short overnight camp outs. We’d chuck a couple of bits in the bus then We’d find somewhere interesting to visit that was an hour or two away and that was English Heritage owned as we’re members so don’t have to pay and make sure there was a camp site nearby. We’d set out early and do the heritage site, then off to camping with a disposable BBQ and have a nights camping followed by possibly some more sight seeing or just a mellow cruise out in the bus. Obviously it helped that we had a fantastic summer.
274CE42B-9EEB-477B-B1B9-C8B450AA8687.jpeg
Racked up a fair few miles on the new engine by doing that
305FDE98-6B19-48C9-B64C-1719F1E5B6DF.jpeg
And pleased to say it’s been running like clockwork. Had a slight issue with one of the studs on the oil pump cover but that was sorted without any fuss. Just waiting to get a few more miles on it then it’s off to a rolling road to get it set up. Only thing I want to do over the winter is to strip the carb linkage off and re-set it all as it doesn’t always close fully so I think it’s set too tight.

Here’s Little E grabbing the limelight on another trip out to visit the home of The Duke of Wellington.
7C9CE03A-E793-428D-8DD2-01F622B10E93.jpeg
3BC7410B-2CC0-42A5-9A6C-68FE5E39D748.jpeg
Plus a shot of a garden in the grounds that was given to HRH The Queen Mother to celebrate her 95th birthday. Apparently the story is that she once said that she gets given such lovely plants but doesn’t have a garden to put them in and so this one was landscaped for her and given to her. We thought it very Capability Brown in design. Spent quite a while wandering round and it was very tranquil and relaxing.
Attachments
EA1DEA03-C4F2-4382-9C79-261CF22F2C78.jpeg
Last edited by e m p i on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
"...scum is scum wherever you go" D.C.I. Gene Hunt

0.018 reaction time:Empster July 2005 with a timing slip to prove it
Sooty wrote: You are a god Lee. :cheers:

Topic Author
e m p i

Re: empsters ongoing ride.......Time for a bit of a trim

Post by e m p i » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:31 am

Hmm, dunno what’s happened to the pictures :lol:

type21f wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:48 am
Oh...and lovely house with History!
Sincerely hope you will be very happy there!
We moved end of July and still in chaos!
LOL..
I am enjoying the move.. especially the quality time with the family n the grand daughter squashing...LOL
Cheers matey :cheers: After living in a big stock 3 bed semi in the London commuter belt it’s like a breath of fresh air (literally). I love the crazy things like there’s iron rings sunk into the outside walls where they used to tie the horses up to and you can still see parts of the structures of where the stables were. It’s also got a solid fuel burning 3 oven Aga in the kitchen that I’ve dated to about 1950 and it’s all up and working.
The nice thing as well is that we’re the 3rd from last house at the end of a private road so there’s no through traffic or people mooching past as it doesn’t go anywhere.

As you say, it’s a bit hectic at first and we’re still not unpacked properly plus I’m still working in The Smoke so only get down for a week and a bit per month. It’s hard being apart from the family (on both sides) and I miss them so much but I’m thinking of the long game here.
Onwards and upwards and counting own the days.
"...scum is scum wherever you go" D.C.I. Gene Hunt

0.018 reaction time:Empster July 2005 with a timing slip to prove it
Sooty wrote: You are a god Lee. :cheers: