VW Endangered Species is retired as of two years ago.

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.

Topic Author
Rocket Ron
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

VW Endangered Species is retired as of two years ago.

Post by Rocket Ron » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:52 am

Just to let all you good folk know we have opened a new workshop for VW's in Trowbridge.
All work will be undertaken, new looms fitted, welding, full resto work or part, MOT work, you get the picture!
Labour rate is £30hr no VAT at present, this should please most people with limited funds. :wink:
In it to make a living, and not to relieve you of as much cash as I can, :wink: so book your work with confidence at
VW Endangered Species., Unit 25, Marsh Farm, Hill Street (Blues) Hilperton, Wiltshire, BA14 7PJ
While we wait for the phone line to be connected, you can contact us at 01225-767856 or 07813947415.
Summer is nearly over (what summer?) so get your van booked in.
We need your surport to help us survive in the long term so even if you dont need any thing doing to your car or van then pop in anyhow for a chat and a coffee and view the workshop.
Wish us luck.................... :cheers:

Ron & Ang
"The Rocket"
Last edited by Rocket Ron on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes when you have set the benchmark, the only one you have to beat is yourself !

Angel Delight

Re: VW workshop to open 1st Sep in Wiltshire

Post by Angel Delight » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Good Luck !
Hope the new venture is a huge success :D

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:55 pm

Will pop over as soon as your open Ron, may have a little work that needs doing.
Good luck!
John
be inspired, visit http://www.paulsrideforlife.co.uk and help raise half a million pounds for Cancer Research
ImageImage
Who Hares wins!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:29 pm

good luck with it Ron :D

WILL
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by WILL » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:46 pm

Good luck - hope it works out for all involved :cheers:

148 miles is a wee bit far for me though :(

surreysplit
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by surreysplit » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:08 pm

Good luck on your new venture , lets hope its a success 8)
SSVC FORUM MODERATOR

richierich37
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by richierich37 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:18 pm

congrats on your new business and good luck! :D :D :D

RICHIE C
SBS UK #37
P.B. 16.88 @ 77.1MPH
http://www.steeringboxscrapers.net/

JJ46
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by JJ46 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:39 pm

Good stuff, i'm local so i will have to pop round for a chat about future plans

sausage fingers

Post by sausage fingers » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Great news Ron. I really hope that you make a real go of this venture.
There are one or two scumbags in the VW world who seem to think that they can do shocking work and charge a fortune for it.
The world needs people like you to redress the balance.

I would recommend Ron to any and all of you. Good luck :D

Neil
EVWOLUTION

MattBulliBus
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by MattBulliBus » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Good luck Ron. Ill defo be intouch when my bus needs anything. :wink: 8)

Topic Author
Rocket Ron
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Rocket Ron » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:56 pm

Well there you go, it seems such a long time ago now, had some really great times with Lee, I can honestly say, I couldn't have done it without him, my welder.
Yes we had our ups and downs, who doesn't, but we didn't have any complaints, had a few cockups that we were able to put right t my expense but that's the name of the game, that was really important to me, my reputation within the VW community in general, and it paid off, yes I do miss it, and I still get asked to do work, restos etc.
Can I take this opertunity to thank all that put there trust in me during my eight years in the workshop.
I'd like to clear one thing up though, as of late I've had a few phone calls from worried ex customers as there is a rumour we messed up a van for a customer, this is not true, I can only assume they have made an error or got there wires crossed, it's not me....anyhow I've been retired now for two years so it can't be so you can all put your mine to bed.
Anyway, as of late I've had an itch ....and I've scratched it......bought a Fiat 500 to restore......yes I know.....you can't keep a good man down..
Still in the SSVC and will be at the AGM so great to see al the old and new faces, also, I'm bringing a few parts to sell to clear the decks as they say, so come by... or should that be come buy...
Rocket
Sometimes when you have set the benchmark, the only one you have to beat is yourself !

Dub and dubber

Post by Dub and dubber » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Rocket Ron wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:56 pm
Well there you go, it seems such a long time ago now, had some really great times with Lee, I can honestly say, I couldn't have done it without him, my welder.
Yes we had our ups and downs, who doesn't, but we didn't have any complaints, had a few cockups that we were able to put right t my expense but that's the name of the game, that was really important to me, my reputation within the VW community in general, and it paid off, yes I do miss it, and I still get asked to do work, restos etc.
Can I take this opertunity to thank all that put there trust in me during my eight years in the workshop.
I'd like to clear one thing up though, as of late I've had a few phone calls from worried ex customers as there is a rumour we messed up a van for a customer, this is not true, I can only assume they have made an error or got there wires crossed, it's not me....anyhow I've been retired now for two years so it can't be so you can all put your mine to bed.
Anyway, as of late I've had an itch ....and I've scratched it......bought a Fiat 500 to restore......yes I know.....you can't keep a good man down..
Still in the SSVC and will be at the AGM so great to see al the old and new faces, also, I'm bringing a few parts to sell to clear the decks as they say, so come by... or should that be come buy...
Rocket
Thought I should just add this here:
It's most likely MY posts (so far only on Volkszone and Thelatebay) about a different Wiltshire based welder,
Jon Hancock, aka "65 Deluxe Restoration of Autobahn Exiles" is where those phone calls came from.
If so, all I can do is apologize to you Ron for any confusion.
We only met once briefly when I came over to pick up that rear window, and I saw a fine example of your work in the garage ... In a different league.
If only I'd found you first!
The only thing I can do is say here to anyone looking for restorers in Wiltshire they're welcome to message me so I can at least describe my own situation and help them to make an informed decision.
All the best in your non-retirement Ron!