1954 barndoor patina van just restored

If you've a bus for sale this is the place for it!
When something has sold please mark it AS *** SOLD ***
beetleseb

1954 barndoor patina van just restored

Post by beetleseb »

For sale 1954 11 window barndoor. Just been restored, beautiful patina.

We are reluctantly selling our 1954 barndoor VW Standard. We've just got too many cars and something has got to give.

It's available with a used 1600 engine completely ready to drive away. Or I can do a deal without a motor.

Built in November 1954 and delivered in factory primer (a white in this case) to Sweden this awesome bus had a green stripe added and was used a metal work company.

Later it was sold to a plumber who repainted it in the early 60's and then dumped it in the Swedish forests. It still wears this unique patina to this day.

Although many small parts were stolen. Luckily all the original doors and some of the glass remained with only the decklid requiring to be sourced from elsewhere.

I've spent the last 4 years restoring the van and trying to keep as much patina and character as possible. Many panels were hand made and as much original metal kept as possible. My Instagram photos show the restoration. Take a look at beetleseb on there for more.

The paint has been blended in to hide the new work and a new front seat, door cards and simple camping interior has been added.

The drivers side wheel arch patina is fake. I didn't want to loose original paint here by blending

The long side had some damage before the respray in the early 60's. This is surface rust and is not holed. Its original to the van and shows its history but I'm more than happy to treat and spray this if someone wants.

Lowered on csp disks with new master, slaves, shoes, pipes etc it's also been rewired and sitting on new wheels and tyres. Straight axled with a 1300 beetle gearbox.

I'm in Cheltenham between Bristol and Birmingham Airport and am happy to help folks get from either for a viewing. I'm not really looking for swaps but may consider a nice original paint early bay westie.

Happy to hold the van with a sensible deposit if you need to sell something. Please note I'm in the uk, if you want to make an offer please make it in gbp
Attachments
IMG-20200411-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20200411-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20200411-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20200411-WA0017.jpg

lykkemus

Re: 1954 barndoor patina van just restored

Post by lykkemus »

good day .. what's the price

beetleseb

Re: 1954 barndoor patina van just restored

Post by beetleseb »

Hi

Sorry I thought I'd put the price on. I'm looking for £50,000 or a close offer. I think it's about the cheapest working barndoor for sale in the world at the moment