Wiper disengagers For a produced in 64, registered in 65 bus

Nocky
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Wiper disengagers For a produced in 64, registered in 65 bus

Post by Nocky »

Hi folks, so my bus in nearing completion and currently fitting the safari windows, I’ve used OE windows that came with some OE parts, and all going ok, however I need to buy some wiper disengagers and I’m a little confused. I’ve read all posts in the forum relating to this, but not found anything that answers my question. So my bus was produced in October 1964, but registered in 1965 in the US. So which wiper disengagers are correct for mine ? I’d assume the earlier type ?

also, which supplier produces the best ? I’ve seen posts about fitting from the inside, and posts about simp,e fitting from the outside of the bus.....do I have both options and what are the advantages / disadvantages.

Appreciate your responses before I spend my coinage

Nocky (Darren)
1964 Microbus US import - The dream has become reality :bs:

richandsue
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Wiper disengagers For a produced in 64, registered in 65 bus

Post by richandsue »

There are two options and you can use either. The inside as you put it is an actual wiper shaft set up incorporating a disengage mechanism on each spindle. The other is a bolt on set up to the top of the original spindles. Don't know how much the first set up would be, but if you go for the bolt on type give me a call got the pair of disengage blocks and one eyed duck to hold the wipers never used. change of plans.
Attachments
IMG_2875.JPG

Nocky
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Wiper disengagers For a produced in 64, registered in 65 bus

Post by Nocky »

Thanks for the reply, but after some additional research I got an answer from another forum so went ahead and brought what I need.
1964 Microbus US import - The dream has become reality :bs: