Powder Coat cost?

Topic Author
Who.Me?
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Powder Coat cost?

Post by Who.Me? » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:15 pm

I've posted this on the Facebook feed too, but some folks aren't on FB, so...

What's the going rate for powdercoating tinware? I've been given a guideline average price of £10 per piece by a local company to blast and coat. I reckon there are 20-odd pieces of tinware and I'm thinking of getting the heater boxes done too, so probably around 25 pieces, so roughly £250 give or take a bit. I asked and there's no saving to make by stripping them myself as they'll blast them anyhow to make sure they're clean etc. before coating.

I've seen posts on Volkzone and bay forums saying they paid in the £150 range and less, but they were from years ago, and I don't know where in the UK they were or whether they got 'mates rates'. What have others paid recently?

Nocky
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Powder Coat cost?

Post by Nocky » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:39 pm

Not sure if it helps, but I’ve been quoted £80 to strip, blast and powder coat 4 wheels
1964 Microbus US import - The dream has become reality :bs:

Jimbooo

Post by Jimbooo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:18 pm

I take bits to our local powder coater quite regularly, the last time I had a full set of tin wear blasted and powder coated it cost around £180 from memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic Author
Who.Me?
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Who.Me? » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:34 pm

Thanks. It looks like the first estimate was on the high side, so it should be worth treking round a few places to see if I can get a better price.