LHD Steering Box, Brazilian

If it's part of a bus for sale then post it here.
Please put buses for sale in the "Buses for Sale" section.
When something has sold please mark it AS *** SOLD ***

Topic Author
animal
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

LHD Steering Box, Brazilian

Post by animal » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:19 pm

Hi - surplus to my needs - got a Brazilian LHD steering box which I have stripped and cleaned.

The worm gear on the shaft has some rough parts and will ideally (ie: will) need replacing which is a splined fit, but the box works fine with it as it is.

I did speak to Martin at Taylor Engineering in Halifax and he intends to start making these worms as they are replaceable. He has the blanks but no timescale as yet for when he will get around to turning them.

The interlocking wheels are all good and no play in their bearings. I have not fitted this box to a bus, just bench stripped it.

The rest of the box is good with no damage to the casing or adjuster mechanism. All threads on the output shaft and main shaft are excellent. Has a new steering wheel nut.

It would need a gasket and possibly the output shaft seal and bush replacing too, although play is barely discernible.

So, good for a spare box to keep until all parts are available and refurb fully as I guess these are going to get rare with the number of Brazilian buses coming into the country.

Asking £175 ono

Collection only from Halifax

Cheers
Paul
Attachments
20191028_184212.jpg
20191028_184205.jpg
20191028_184158.jpg