1965 Australian RHD Kombi for sale

If you've a bus for sale this is the place for it!
When something has sold please mark it AS *** SOLD ***

Topic Author
Rocket Ron
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

1965 Australian RHD Kombi for sale

Post by Rocket Ron » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:04 pm

It never a good time to sell a van you've had many happy times in and it's been on the cards for a couple of years now but circumstances have come to a head and it needs to go.
The owner will be known to many on here and he's asked me to construct a piece and tell you honestly about his van.
Well the good and very important news is it's 99.5 % rust free, I've worked on this can many times in the past as he was a customer or ours, so I'm in a prime position knowing the ins and out.
NO panels have been replaced underneath, if memories serve me right, there are a couple of PIN holes on the inner sill.
ALL external panels are the originals, we did do a small lower front valance, and this is the only welding the bus has had.
It's a 1965 bus and has a bulkhead, factory windows and the tell tale vents at the rear which all Australian buses have.
NO accident damage, good paint, some blemishes and showing signs of use, but do not confuse this as knackered, it's not.
Engine is strong, gearbox is fine, however it drips a bit so will need at some point new seals, it has alloys fitted and a tow bar.
Front seats have been recovered and there is a bed and such like in the rear.
The key selling position to this van is it's structural integrity, the bane of many vans today
Everything works, it's a great van to buy, so please, if your not in a position to follow through with the purchase, don't wastes his time, he has more important issues to deal with.
I've known this van for over ten years, I've known the owner for over twenty when he had bays.
So if anyone needs anymore information then please contact me at ron@vwendangeredspecies.co.uk
Price is offers around £23,750
I dare say some will need pictures which I'll get in good time, but let's have only serious people looking for a camper please.
Sometimes when you have set the benchmark, the only one you have to beat is yourself !

airkooled72
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: 1965 Australian RHD Kombi for sale

Post by airkooled72 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:52 pm

cheers for that ron the front has been lowered with adjusters and csp front discs fitted if you google yrd526c i,m pretty sure some pics from volksworld show a years ago will appear

ScottyN
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by ScottyN » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:11 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic Author
Rocket Ron
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Rocket Ron » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:37 am

Just to clarify as the term Rust free has many meanings and interpretations .
So, to be very clear, it's rust free because it hasn't rusted, not because it's had all the rusty metal cut out, but mainly because it's an Australian import from many years ago, AND it's covered in oil on the underside.
Gaps are as per factory, it's no concours van, but could be.
It's RHD, from factory, not converted...
Where, in this day and age, do you get a chance to buy a rust free van......
I hope this will clear up any cynical types who are saying, rust free my ass.....small areas of surface rust through paint peeling, none structural..
Thanks
Rocket
Sometimes when you have set the benchmark, the only one you have to beat is yourself !

jonmokeyvan

Post by jonmokeyvan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:22 am

is you'r kombi still for sale, if so could you call jon on 01903 877045