Area reps

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.

Topic Author
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Area reps

Post by Dougie » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:54 am

Area reps are to be reinstated (hopefully). Since Busfest last year this has been mentioned a couple of times on the forum and received positive feedback, so following this weekends committee meeting where it was approved I need to bring this to the members to see if there is any real interest or even any volunteers.
Like the committee roles it would be unpaid and done purely on a voluntary basis. What I am hoping for are people across the country who are willing to organize small scale events in their local area. Examples would be something along the lines of a pub car park meet on a Tuesday evening once a month, or a short cruise to a local attraction with a park up and chill after.
I'm sure many of you will remember the Midlands Split Screen meets organized by Daz Yip at the Toys R us car park at junction 2, always a cracking night with a good turnout.
Camping weekends would be great if we can, but I understand there would be a lot more work involved with those . I'm happy that each area rep does whatever they feel happy with as I don't want to make the role a chore.
I will be acting as the contact on the committee, I can help with getting events publicized in the club magazine, coordinate all the reps and point new members in their direction. I'd be there to offer any help and support I can. Ideally I'd like to see a page of local events in the club magazine so if I was camping somewhere I could see what was on and pop along.
Is anyone interested in being a rep? Any thoughts on events they would like organize or even attend? My contact details are in the club magazine under memberships if you just what to chat about what the role would involve.
The pictures are of the old Toys R Us meets taken in 2008 just to get you in the mood (was it really 10 years ago....)
Attachments
1375.JPG
1378.JPG
1372.JPG
1369.JPG
SSVC Club President
SSVC Committee - Membership Secretary

Terry
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Area reps

Post by Terry » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:48 pm

Pleased to see this is going to happen. Although in my area there are lots of small local clubs with meetings during the week. Every other Tuesday Spooky VW meet and On the First Thursday of the month it is Essex VW , 2nd Splitterz and 3rd In2Dubz and on top of that SX meet regularly as well. There arte others but I don't get to them. Small camps would be good though. I will try to look up some of the places we really enjoyed camping at in the early days and see if they still have camping available :)
[color=#800080]Just for the record YES I am female and YES Terry is my real name!![/color]

Fighting Motor Neurone Disease
http://www.mndassociation.org

DOUGAL
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by DOUGAL » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Dougie,
I organise a monthly meet every 2nd Tuesday of the month just south of Oxford and also the SSVC family camping weekend in June (Father's day) near Banbury. These are both fairly small but we have some regulars who always turn up and I am happy to continue these. I have tried to get more people to come to these events but it seems hard work.

Cheers,
Gertjan
Interested in 1/4 light/sliding window locks? Please PM me.
Available colours: black, blue, red, yellow, white, grey, green and purple
Link to forum post

Topic Author
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by Dougie » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:55 pm

Thanks for the responses, Terry you are lucky to have things happening near you, it isn't the case for a lot of us. Any ideas you have will be gratefully received and passed on to whoever is in that area. Gertjan, the monthly meet and camping weekend sound brilliant, can you put some details on here please? Once we've got a few events established I will get them in the magazine and possibly a sticky thread somewhere on the forum.
SSVC Club President

Topic Author
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by Dougie » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:09 pm

There are already quite a few small gatherings listed on the 'Local clubs for local people' thread in the General chat section, https://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67078 . It's spread over 4 pages so I'll try and do a summary post with just the relevant details of who/where/when.
SSVC Club President

Topic Author
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by Dougie » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:53 am

Thanks to those of you that have responded, I will be in touch again soon.

Mods, can we move this to the general VW related chat area please?
SSVC Club President

8 8US
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by 8 8US » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:55 am

Dougie wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:53 am
Thanks to those of you that have responded, I will be in touch again soon.

Mods, can we move this to the general VW related chat area please?
Done Dougie :D
Richard

1960 Single Cab Pickup “Barny” (resto thread - https://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic ... 8&t=122082)
1966 Devon “Hetty”

1980 Brasilia gone :(

Topic Author
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by Dougie » Fri May 10, 2019 6:43 am

This seems to have had a really positive response at Vicky Farm, thanks to all of you that came forward.
Rather than start another thread can those of you who volunteered please put your name, location and preferred method of contact on here please. Forum names are fine and 'pm me on here' if you'd prefer not to put your details on a public forum.
If you have an event or meeting in the pipeline then please put that on here too.
If you need anything then please don't hesitate to contact me or any other of the committee, keep it small, local and simple, it's the vans and the people that are important here.

Thanks
SSVC Club President

BJ1
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by BJ1 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:56 am

Dougie wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:43 am
This seems to have had a really positive response at Vicky Farm, thanks to all of you that came forward.
Rather than start another thread can those of you who volunteered please put your name, location and preferred method of contact on here please. Forum names are fine and 'pm me on here' if you'd prefer not to put your details on a public forum.
If you have an event or meeting in the pipeline then please put that on here too.
If you need anything then please don't hesitate to contact me or any other of the committee, keep it small, local and simple, it's the vans and the people that are important here.

Thanks
Hi Dougie. I'm happy to help in the SW, based on Devon/Dorset border. I live near to a pub with a big car park so meet venue is obvious. I'll pm you my contact details. Cheers Brian
1966 Westy in Velvet Green - being restored
1967 Devon from Devon still in Devon
1967 Sundial from Idaho
1971 Westfalia from LA
1971 patina Delux from Montana now living in Germany
1972 Devon now owned by No 1 son!

DOUGAL
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by DOUGAL » Fri May 10, 2019 10:22 am

Hi Dougie,

I wish you all the best as president. I think you will do well as it's an amazing club with very friendly and enthusiastic member.

As you know I am organising the SSVC family camping weekend in June (15/16th) and a local meet every 2nd Tuesday of the month.
Coming Tuesday we will be going to the 6 Bells in Warborough where there is a classic car meet on the same night (April to October). This is in a very nice Oxfordshire village with old pub and any classic car is welcome.

I am happy to be the area rep for Oxfordshire and will pm you my details.

Cheers,
Gertjan
Interested in 1/4 light/sliding window locks? Please PM me.
Available colours: black, blue, red, yellow, white, grey, green and purple
Link to forum post

Topic Author
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by Dougie » Fri May 10, 2019 12:57 pm

Brilliant thanks. Hopefully we will have a few meets established in time for the next magazine
SSVC Club President

Topic Author
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by Dougie » Wed May 15, 2019 6:01 am

I've also had interest from james309 in Gloucestershire and Doka Dave in Ayrshire. Thanks to both. Any more? Don't be shy..
SSVC Club President