Share your campervan dream and nightmare stories

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.

Topic Author
whichcampervan

Share your campervan dream and nightmare stories

Post by whichcampervan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:52 pm

If you are a campervan lover I am looking for your advice. :D

I have begun creating a website themed for campervan / motorhome travel and lifestyle.

https://whichcampervan.co.uk/

First, I would like to hear your thoughts. What information would you like to see? :idea:

But also, I would like to share your stories and experiences.

Please send me photos of recent campervan trips and how you got on. :compress:

Are you a newbie or experienced camper? I would love to hear from you.

Was it all you thought it would be? Or the holiday from hell? :cry:

Feel free to contact me jodiedavey@yandex.com with your thoughts.

type21f
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Share your campervan dream and nightmare stories

Post by type21f » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:33 am

My amusing Campervan story!

Having finally finished restoring my pride and joy.. I went with my wife for my first visit to my favourite pub to show off ... .Dropped her by the door and continued..
I am paranoid about parking away from other vehicles so chose a spot further down the car park.
I had the drivers door sliding window open..reversed into the space but wanted to check I was as far back into the space as I could..
Got out looked and slammed the door and realised the bus was rolling forwards.
I had not fully engaged the hand brake.

I stepped forwards onto my right foot to open the door and reached for the cab door handle to realise the bus had now rolled onto my foot! OUCH!
It stopped rolling but I was trapped. Foot under wheel tight up against the door.. I could not open the door, reach through the window or extract my foot to put the hand brake on..
STUCK.. Looking a complete idiot!

Fortunately a local who I knew could not resist coming to view and he killed himself laughing at my plight.
He applied the hand brake and helped untie my laces and pull my foot gently out of the shoe!
I hobbled into the pub and gratefully bought him and myself a pint..only to realise I had forgotten about SWMBO all together!

Questions about why had I been so long and who was the man friend and then the sight of me hobbling and bruised foot slowly dawned that I was not telling the whole truth...nothing but the truth!
Embarrassed faces all around

1965 Type21f
Westfalia Hamburg Type155i 003 viewtopic.php?f=8&t=64012
1965 Devon Caravette, L360 L289 Hammock, Tent, M W Pop
Peebles 1964 Devon Caravette Gentlux Pop

type21f
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Share your campervan dream and nightmare stories

Post by type21f » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:02 pm

...also we went to Vicky farm to "christen" the van ..early year camp out before Stanford Hall met up with friends..
Gin, Prosecco n beer flowed and snacks got consumed..chance for a great chin wag..
Lovely relax..
Time for bed..
Bed made up snuggle under the duvet..lights out..reading books on the phone and then my wife starts to giggle...I try to shush her but it gets worse..then she asks why are they there looking up at the pop top..
For the life of me I cannot see what is funny..
Then I see that my GENTLUX pop top has two large letters impressed in the fibre glass. G ( Graham) over me and L over her (Lyn)
Silly sausage thought I had put them in to mark which side of the bed we sleep..
In the morning...our friends commented that we certainly sounded to have enjoyed our night..!
If the van's rocking don't come knocking.
Camping and moving in a tour is great fun..

1965 Type21f
Westfalia Hamburg Type155i 003 viewtopic.php?f=8&t=64012
1965 Devon Caravette, L360 L289 Hammock, Tent, M W Pop
Peebles 1964 Devon Caravette Gentlux Pop