Import - MOT Required?

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.

Topic Author
tony73tt

Import - MOT Required?

Post by tony73tt » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:26 am

Hi

Just some advise required regarding the current MOT situation. Recently imported a bus and I’m assuming for first registration, I will need an MOT.

Can anyone shed some light please.

Much appreciated. Thanks
1967 double cab (awaiting arrival)
1968 Bay Deluxe Microbus.
1955 RHD oval.

Sent from Royston Vasey (you will never leave).

Who.Me?
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Import - MOT Required?

Post by Who.Me? » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:36 am

Depends if it qualifies for MoT exemption (age and not radically altered).

If it meets the critieria, fill out form V112 https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-from-mot bit put the VIN number instead of a registration number. Declare it as a Vehicle of Historic Interest (VHI).

This assumes you've completed the Notification of Vehicle Arrival (NOVA) bits for HMRC and had confirmation that you've paid all taxes due, or that no taxes are due if you imported it via Europe and VAT was paid there.

Then you can go ahead and complete the registration application form. Search the forum, there are good threads on what fields you need to complete. Many of them are irrelevant as it's a VHI. You will need proof of its age and VIN, so ideally you'll have the last registration document from the country it was exported from

That worked for me.

Topic Author
tony73tt

Re: Import - MOT Required?

Post by tony73tt » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Massive thanks for the info!!!

Yes its a 1967 bus and all nova is done etc. I have actually registered one 2 years ago, but was unsure about the new rules regarding the M.O.T situation, but you seem to have cleared that up for me!

Great answer to my question and perfectly put.

Thanks.
1967 double cab (awaiting arrival)
1968 Bay Deluxe Microbus.
1955 RHD oval.

Sent from Royston Vasey (you will never leave).