LHD '58 Kombi with 15 Windows

If you've a bus for sale this is the place for it!
When something has sold please mark it AS *** SOLD ***

Topic Author
PhilWeaver

LHD '58 Kombi with 15 Windows

Post by PhilWeaver » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:04 am

With great regret our beloved 'Barney Bus' is up for sale.

It's an 11 window Kombi made into a 15 window at some point in its distant history.

Currently lowered on reduction boxes with notched spring plates which was done as a very temporary measure as the bus comes with a COMPLETE straight axle kit, AB code gearbox, drum to drum using early rear drums, all brake components and gaskets included.
Flipped Spindles, Buttys Bits accelerator linkage.
Later gearbox is mated to the bus via a wagonswest lollipop adapter I imported. Reliable 1600 twin port engine with no end float and electronic ignition.

It's solid with some rust bubbling here and there.
I have and will include complete epoxy mastic 121 kit to rustproof the underside which I've never got round to and as I'm now selling it does mean the buyer can see the underside clearly and honestly. We've been using it for the last 8 years but it does need that straight axle conversion as on our last trip back from Shell Island to Liverpool the gearbox started popping out of 4th occasionally and I had notched the sitting plates poorly (took too much out) in desperation when I realised I didn't have time to fit the straight axle kit before our last holiday.

12v leisure battery with split charge and distribution system,
Propex Heating, sleeps 2+2 with another little one potentially in the hammock.
Interior is unusual in that it has a rock and roll bed which then makes up part of a Devon style bed in the middle rather than meeting up with the over the engine bay area which is slightly higher and a separate bed for 2 kids.

Full length roof rack or the 3 bow rack included take your pick.
Bumpers are fibreglass, (sadly) and it's on 14's.

Offers around £23k price will go up if I find the time to fit the straight axle kit.
Attachments
IMG_20170702_213014.jpg
IMG_20180706_114610.jpg

philsparks
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: LHD '58 Kombi with 15 Windows

Post by philsparks » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:07 am

Can ask, what size tyres are you running? Thanks phil

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Topic Author
PhilWeaver

Re: LHD '58 Kombi with 15 Windows

Post by PhilWeaver » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:25 am

From memory 185 65 14 on the front and 205 70 14's on the rear. (Certain about the rear because I wanted the largest I could fit)