Bus Storage

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.

Topic Author
Crooky
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Bus Storage

Post by Crooky » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:23 am

Hi - I work for a company who have a large industrial unit in Essex which is going to be used to securely store classic vehicles. The cost per month is going to be in the region of £125. The vehicle would be covered while in storage. There is a classic vehicle restoration business attached to the premises under the same ownership and so regular servicing and maintenance can be done, at additional cost of course, so your bus can be ready for whenever you wish to use it.

Just wondering whether this would be of any interest to Essex based bus owners and neighbouring counties?

Thanks
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood!

1957 Dove Blue Kombi from Montana

JonnyCJ
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Bus Storage

Post by JonnyCJ » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:36 am

For £125/month I'd want a full annual service, full valet every month as well as any minor repairs carried out.

Just saying... 8O

Or is that for the full unit :D

vwJim
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by vwJim » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:35 pm

JonnyCJ wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:36 am
For £125/month I'd want a full annual service, full valet every month as well as any minor repairs carried out.

Just saying... 8O

Or is that for the full unit :D
Lol I don't know where you live, but sadly around here £125 is cheap for proper classic storage. Last place I saw for rent, the ceiling was falling in, they wanted £800 a month, no security and you'd hardly fit six vehicles in there.
Supplying quality in house designed items plus parts from SyncLink, Kennedy Clutches, & CB Performance. Also fitting service including modifications & mechanical upgrades.

Topic Author
Crooky
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Crooky » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:13 pm

Thanks Jim for the more sensible reply. A container in Essex is £25 per week! This is indeed 'proper' classic car storage with the all the associated security and service that accompanies. I DO NO BENEFIT from this - just thought it may interest a bus owner looking for somewhere to store their prize possession as often people want something like this but do not know how to find it. I'm not a share owner!!

Thanks.
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood!

1957 Dove Blue Kombi from Montana

JonnyCJ
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by JonnyCJ » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:47 pm

Goodness gracious - I stand corrected !

Glad I have a garage at home. Seems there's money in storage.

BusBoyT2

Post by BusBoyT2 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:44 pm

Near me is £100 plus VAT for Classic Car Storage. The unit is located in Rayleigh, Essex.

vwJim
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by vwJim » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:04 am

JonnyCJ wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:47 pm
Goodness gracious - I stand corrected !

Glad I have a garage at home. Seems there's money in storage.
Sadly around here, rents are so high, that £185 a month is typical, which is why I work from home.
Supplying quality in house designed items plus parts from SyncLink, Kennedy Clutches, & CB Performance. Also fitting service including modifications & mechanical upgrades.

e m p i

Post by e m p i » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:30 pm

When I was look for a lock up to rent in South Essex (Romford/Hornchurch area) a single garage in a block with no light or power in the dross part of town was £90-110 and you lie awake at night worrying that the local scrotes would torch it. To e honest I was a bit shocked at what it was gonna cost so £125 for secure insured and covered storage around here, although it’s expensive, is quite cheap actually if that makes sense.
"...scum is scum wherever you go" D.C.I. Gene Hunt

0.018 reaction time:Empster July 2005 with a timing slip to prove it
Sooty wrote: You are a god Lee. :cheers: