1975 Fleetline Hightop newly refurbished

If you've a bus for sale this is the place for it!
When something has sold please mark it AS *** SOLD ***

Topic Author
Ed Toogood

1975 Fleetline Hightop newly refurbished

Post by Ed Toogood » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:59 pm

Hi all,
With a heavy heart the time has come for me to sell by beloved fleetline. Some of you may remember my refurbishment thread (linked below) but since finishing the project two years ago I've barely had opportunity to use the camper after the addition of a new human family member :-)

https://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic ... op#p868721

Anyway I'll be posting on ebay later this evening when I've taken some decent pictures. I'm asking £21,000. Here's the details. I can be reached on 07738374477 if there are any questions or if anyone would like to arrange a viewing. Pictures will follow on here as well in due course.

Thanks
Ed

Restored 1975 VW Fleetline splitscreen campervan for sale

The time has come to sell our beloved camper due to 1) a growing family and need for a van with more seats 2) freeing up cash for house renovations.

Originally from South Africa and imported to the UK in 2001. I have owned the van for nearly 10 years and in that time have enjoyed countless adventures, including using her as our wedding car.

15 Window with a fibreglass hightop. Internally it has a bench front seat and camping interior.
Fully restored over the last 2 years ago when it was taken back to the bare metal and any rusty parts professionally replaced (VW Welding Services). Due to the origin of the van being a dry climate and me dry storing it there wasn't that much structurally, just some body panels. The van is completely solid underneath and throughout. It has been finished in a beautiful Turkis Blue by Cookies Camper. One scuff mark to the paintwork on the seem next to front door hinge. All the refurbishment work has been carried out by very experienced professionals.

Was last MOT'd and serviced in March this year. No advisories on the MOT. The van has done very few miles since the service (apart from being turned over) so it ready to go.

Suspension and running gear – I have replaced the original with a creative engineering IRS conversion and new Rancho gearbox. This means the van drives nicely at 55-60mph and accelerates nicely and shifts beautifully. The stock height was retained as this is my preferred look for the van.

New steel wheels (resprayed to suit the body colour) and new retro looking VW dome hubcaps.

All wheel bearing have been replaced within the last 300 miles.

Brakes work well and have been fully serviced – lines are like new as are the pads.

Engine – Running what I believe to be the original 1600 engine. It has always been serviced regularly by Manchester Aircooled, who comment how well it runs.

Interior – Camping interior including a rock and roll bed, gas hob and grill and sink. This isn’t a branded interior, but has a good finish and works well. Some finsihing touches are needed to the interior, being the cab headliner and refitting the interior door trim panels.

Waxoyled regularly.

Front window covers and rear window curtains.

I have a full file of receipts since I owned the van and also lots of documentation from before then, including the import documentation.

I kept a forum blog of the refurbishment work on the SSVC forum. Search Fleetline Hightop to find the full story.

I believe it is priced to sell as this is a beautiful right hand drive splitscreen in great condition but as the listing says I will listen to offers, just not silly ones.

Based in Chorlton South Manchester.