any reported issues with the Creative Engineering direct servo kit?

Topic Author
Peter

any reported issues with the Creative Engineering direct servo kit?

Post by Peter » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:43 am

Hello all,

I purchased a direct servo kit from Creative Engineering early this year, and i'm about to fit this but talking to a VW shop mechanic over the weekend he mentioned he had the same kit and had issues with it since he did not get it to work (no easier brake pedal with or without, no visual slight pull of the brake lever when engine is started and pulls the vacuum, ...)? And he knew of one other that had same complaint after installation?

Now I have seen this kit is not available anymore on the website of CE (only the non direct servo kit)? Could be totally not related... could be due to these issues?

Anyone had the same experience recently, or I'm worrying for no reason here and should just go ahead to all trouble of getting it installed (crossing fingers it does work without issues)?

Thanks,
Peter

Topic Author
Peter

Re: any reported issues with the Creative Engineering direct servo kit?

Post by Peter » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:32 am

I installed everything over the weekend... did seem to go well together without many issues (can only use a VARGA pump though and had to shorten the pushrod since I could not screw it in far enough).

Next on the bus i still need to do electrics, gearbox and engine, so not ready to test it yet.

Thanks,
Peter