Low mileage 67 Single Cab for sale - open to offers

If you've a bus for sale this is the place for it!
When something has sold please mark it AS *** SOLD ***

Topic Author
Streamliner

Low mileage 67 Single Cab for sale - open to offers

Post by Streamliner » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:33 pm

Offers around £23,000

This Single Cab was driven back from Southern Italy about 17 years ago to the UK, before then being given a light restoration. She has just 36,000 Km on the clock, which is believed to be the original mileage from new. The owner had searched for a long time for a rust free Single Cab, before tracking this one down in Italy.

The original 1500 engine was rebuilt with all the correct tinware/airfilter etc. but running a beetle IRS setup. This strong little engine starts on the button and will happily cruise at 55/60mph all day long with a full load when needed. All of the running gear was gone though and everything renewed or refreshed as needed, as well as new window rubbers and stainless screws etc.

It had been modified to run on LPG back in the 60's (it still has the LPG crossover switch under the dash) and had a locally made wide bed, believed to have been modified and used by a local engineering company from the 60's, as I know of a similar Italian Single cab, from the same town, with the same setup.

After being restored with a brand new bed she was used for a short time, before being put into a lock up garage, where she stayed for over 10 years, before I bought her.

As she was protected in the garage, the paint is remarkably good, but it has aged slightly giving it a period look. She has freshly painted bumpers and has the original card headliner, but had no door cards, so I went for TMI salt & Pepper cards. The seats had previously been stripped, powder coated and retrimmed along with the kick boards and these are like new. It has the original hard to find, radio blanking plate.

I added an older NOS Gene Berg Shifter, to give it a cleaner gear shift and that makes it a joy to drive. I also added sound deadening material in the doors and under the wheel arch covers and placed on the floor (but not glued there, to make it easy to remove if needed), making it a relatively quiet experience. I also added a glass bowl Malpasssi fuel filter, the reproduction Dormobile roofrack and created the tonneau cover, using the correct rectangular eyelets. It has a full set off timber bed slats, sourced from the US, but these have not yet been screwed or glued in place. It will also come with the flower vase.

I bought a complete set of Gerson gates, (which we colour matched) as it came with a set of non-original very rusty gates, that the owner had sourced from the US, as the wide bed setup didn't have any.

I have a company called Streamliner Designs and in 2010 I was asked by Pebble Beach to create scaled-down polished aluminium versions of the famous Concours d'Elegance trophies as VIP gifts. Then for the next few years I created all of the Iconic Class awards and Special awards for the event.

I wanted to use the single cab to promote the business and I was given permission to have the Pebble Beach logo signwritten onto the Single Cab. Because of the condition of the paintwork and the overall quality of the restoration, it would have been wrong to use vinyl lettering, so I managed to find a traditional signwriter, to paint all the logo's and writing.

This has also made the trip to be put on display at the famous Goodwood Revival every year for the last 4 or 5 years.

I have a whole file of photos and information documenting the purchase from Italy and the subsequent restoration and all the associated receipts etc.

Family circumstances have changed and it's time to let her go.

If you are looking for a low mileage Single Cab in great condition, that you can get into and drive, with a lot of history you would be hard pushed to find better for the money and add to that the unique Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance connection, this is an opportunity for someone to own a very special Single Cab. It would be great in a collection alongside a Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance winner.

If the price is right I may be persuaded to include one of the prototype Pebble Beach trophies

I can help with overseas shipping, if needed, having shipping contacts who regularly send high end cars over to Pebble Beach and other international events.

Feel free to give me a call if you are interested, but UK daytime only please on 07752 107235, thanks Kevin

sorry can't find a way of turning the photos around!
Attachments
IMG_7917.JPG
IMG_7922.JPG
IMG_3863.JPG
IMG_4355.JPG
IMG_5425.JPG

Topic Author
Streamliner

Re: Low mileage 67 Single Cab for sale - open to offers

Post by Streamliner » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Bump