Language used on Facebook

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.

Rocket Ron
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Language used on Facebook

Post by Rocket Ron » Fri May 18, 2018 5:47 am

I dare say nothing will change with FB and the people using it will only increase, most call it progress and so it will continue.
The main reason, it has a world wide audience ....it really is that simple.!!
I no longer have what you guys would call a cool van BUT I'm still a paid up member and use this forum to sell whatever bus parts I have and use to find out about and read all the news.
Not been on the SSVC FB page, not that interested, but then again I'm of that age, I've never kept up with the speed of change in all things the younger generation now take for granted, that's just me, the new blood coming in if they can afford a bus, will continue to use what they know, and nothing will change that....
So guys, get used to it, nothing stays the same forever, however sad we think it is.
Long may it continue.......the club that is.....
Rocket Ron
Sometimes when you have set the benchmark, the only one you have to beat is yourself !

friedgreedo

Post by friedgreedo » Fri May 18, 2018 8:44 am

Facebook does indeed have it's fair share of morons (but which section of society doesn't?).

It is however an incredibly useful and immediate tool for garnering information when you need a quick response to an issue. It's inbuilt audience is huge and with the best will in the world, the forum can never compete with that.

As has been stated, if too many restrictions are put into place on the Facebook page, people will just go elsewhere.

With regards to some of you guys on here steering clear of Facebook, I was once the same but you'll find that once you set up your account with the correct feed settings so that you only get to see the stuff that you're really interested in, it can open up a new world of VW, 'literally'. Don't miss out through being uniformed or classing yourself as a 'dinosaur'. :wink:

Make sure to check out Michael Turney Artwork also on Facebook for more great art

Topic Author
flatbeat
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by flatbeat » Fri May 18, 2018 12:17 pm

Happy the way I am thanks and I don't need to collect so called 'friends' to reassure myself I'm liked. And with the recent more sinister side to FB....ill keep my info and myself to myself.
I have no problem with others using FB...happy for them... but the thread was about the language used....I don't think being a self professed dynosaur means I ( or anyone else for that matter) should accept bad language.
Enjoy the sunshine and have a great weekend :wink:
Turbo lag is the few seconds when the other guy thinks he has a chance.

1962 15 Window Turkis 2110 Turbo
1965 11 Window aka 'Rustina'.

David Eccles
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by David Eccles » Fri May 18, 2018 12:39 pm

I am still working out whether I am a Splitodicus, a Bullisuraus or a Busadactyl ....
oh look I see a meteorite....
David
Drive your bus; enjoy your bus

friedgreedo

Post by friedgreedo » Fri May 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Glad to be of help :roll:

Make sure to check out Michael Turney Artwork also on Facebook for more great art

JonnyCJ
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by JonnyCJ » Sat May 19, 2018 6:16 pm

I’m with Nige...

thebouncingbunny

Post by thebouncingbunny » Sun May 20, 2018 5:39 pm

David Eccles wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:39 pm
I am still working out whether I am a Splitodicus, a Bullisuraus or a Busadactyl ....
oh look I see a meteorite....

Ha ha ha nice one.like all good stuff that has happened since 1999 when I first had Internet ,its time will pass no doubt ( friends reunited and muchos pic hosting and them other pic hosters that want half a kidney to use them now.)
I never did completely abandon vynl records or 8 track cassettes so maybe I'm becoming fashionable again
ImageImage