Anyone heard of HiTech Motorsport, Kidderminster?

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.

Topic Author
ernie

Anyone heard of HiTech Motorsport, Kidderminster?

Post by ernie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:14 am

Hi all,

Looking to get my dell 40s properly set up around the Midlands area.

Done a google search & found this place - HiTech Motorsport, Kidderminster..

http://www.hitechmotorsport.co.uk/workshop-services/

Website looks impressive enough, but don;t really like using anyone fresh without recommendation.

Just wondered if anyone knew of the place, or anyone can recommend anyone around the West Midlands area that you have used.

Aldon Automotive don't want the job as they don't like working on buses.

thanks.

Topic Author
ernie

Re: Anyone heard of HiTech Motorsport, Kidderminster?

Post by ernie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:37 am

EDIT - just looked at an earlier ssvc thread & came across these people..

http://www.formulavee.co.uk/pages/get-in-contact/

I phoned them & spoke to Alan Harding - got a good feeling - he charges £50 per hour, but says I can get involved, do some of the jobs (e.g. change the plugs) whilst he is working on other cars (which won't count time-wise) & generally 'we can generally have some fun' as he put it.

Wondered if anyone else had used this guy?

1776 with twin 40 Dells

thanx.

8 8US
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by 8 8US » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:28 am

Ade

I like the sound of Alan, let us know how you get on, as I need to get my 1776 setup too.

Type21f (Graham) used Peter Burgess and recommended him to me.

http://www.mg-cars.org.uk/peterburgess/

Richard
Richard

1960 Single Cab Pickup “Barny” (resto thread - https://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic ... 8&t=122082)
1966 Devon “Hetty”

1980 Brasilia gone :(

w1ggo

Post by w1ggo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi, I visited/used HiTech Motorsport when their premises was in Cradley Heath about 5/6 years ago (could be longer). They were recommended to me by Dave Fisher of King Fisher Customs as that's where he sent his vehicles

My rotor arm was faulty which he replaced with one he had somewhere with in his work shop which he didn't charge me for
All I can remember he was very help and gave advise

It was a pleasant experience and I intend to visit him again once my van is back together (hopefully soon)
If you choose to use them would be interested in your experience

Mark

flatbeat
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by flatbeat » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:32 pm

What do you mean set up correctly ? If the jets are correct and it's just a matter of balancing and doing the idle mixtures I can do that for you if you can get to Gloucester.
What size engine and do you know what size venturis fitted and what size idle and main jets are?
If you let me know what size engine, what cam and heads etc I can re jet, balance and set the idle mixtures for you with the carbs off the bus.....so much easier than trying to swap idles with the carbs fitted.
I can pretty much guarantee they'll be spot on with maybe having to just set the idle speed a little lower or higher.
The good news for you is ill do it for free....if you're not in a big rush and are a paid up SSVC member :wink:
Packed a few belongings and headed out to Pirates Cove. In my buddy’s old grey Kombi we rolled until the gas got low.....

1965 11 Window aka 'Rustina'.
1961 Beetle.

Topic Author
ernie

Post by ernie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:08 am

Hi flatbeat. Sorry, but i have only just seen your post.
That is a very generous offer, but i must admit i am not a paid up member of the ssvc :oops:
Are you still happy to help me out? I could get to Gloucester..i am around most of the time as i am not currently working.
When you thinking?
Engine is 1776 with twin 40 dells. I can supply you with full engine spec & current jet size & could help you with the job, as far as my capabilities will allow, although i have no carb knowledge.
Let me know.
Thanks.

susta
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by susta » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Thats very generous Nige