LHD 64 Devon Interior

So you Devon perverts, it's finally here - the Devon specific forum - and it's in a whole new interiors section :-)

Topic Author
Rippers
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: LHD 64 Devon Interior

Post by Rippers » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Magazine rack and Ashtray

Same catch as the bathroom cabinet, going to need two of the hooks these go into

Earlier type table mount?

Back side

Ashtray

Despite the pitting it doesn't look like it had a lot of use

Magazine rack, are the strings original?

Hinges

Topic Author
Rippers
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Rippers » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:48 pm

Random pieces of ply

I'm assuming the L-shaped one sits above the water tank as it has the instruction sticker? No idea where the smaller piece would fit yet?

Its had a few edits :lol: shame i never got the water tank thou :( If anyone could measure one up for me I might see if I can get one made in alloy.

Where does this bit fit? you can just see 'left' in pencil

Topic Author
Rippers
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Rippers » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Rear seat back board

Left Hand Pencil

I noticed there are two crushed clips along this piece would they have held a solid gas pipe?

Rear side

Topic Author
Rippers
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Rippers » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:04 pm

Table holder

The catch

Table in place

Other side

Table and legs, where would the legs be kept when the table is stored?

Close up of the blue flax

Topic Author
Rippers
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Rippers » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:07 pm

Slider unit

Minus one door sadly

Image\

I'll photo the rest tomorrow :)

type21f
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by type21f » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:53 am

http://www.devonmoonraker.pwp.blueyonde ... avette.pdf

The short piece of ply closes off the end of the front seat where the easicool goes...

Now the clips may be for the run of the pipe from the water tank...at the front down behind the side panel and along the rear seat panel support member and through a hole...on the cooker unit to the pump...

Now did i see a hole i did not recognise? Yes I did!

I wondered if this was to have the gas bottle under the seat and a pipe or in the rear in the bottle well and a pipe?

Front seat unit does not have the whale pump...so water had to be fed to the pump...No sink so no waste...follow on design from 1961 which had sink and water and waste all in the rear...

Opinions or anyone else have a RHD survivor with or without tank?

BJ1 may have a source for a pump?
1965 Type21f
Westfalia Hamburg Type155i 003 viewtopic.php?f=8&t=64012
1965 Devon Caravette, L360 L289 Hammock, Tent, M W Pop
Peebles 1964 Devon Caravette Gentlux Pop

maddison
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by maddison » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:38 am

64 would have the tank, fed threw the bulkhead, the piping runs along inside the long panelalong the seat back (thats what the pipe clips are for) too the sink

i` always wondered this.......but the combination of my 64 definetly having a tank in the front, your pipe clips on the seat back, and x2 unaccounted for holes in my original long panel under each back seat base pretty much confirms this in my opinion

I wouldnt make any decisions about that formica, give yourself some time, see if you get used to it...I LOVE it, perfectly unique , just like the interior - I hope you`ll come to appreciate it

the more pics you show, the better it gets, this will turn an average bus into a star atraction (not saying anything about your bus :lol: :lol: :lol: - just the interior)

the toggle you need for your bathroom is the same as the one for your magazine rack
very strange.....but i`ve always been convinced the 2 toggles I have (or maybe 1 of them, cant remember) was actually in the opposite config....i.e...for the leftie !!!!!!!!

if that turns out too be the case then i think we`ve just found a home for it....

the bathroom one is attached the cargo door window surround , 2 small holes half way up the window hieght...but of course, you`ll get the hieght by opening your mirror door and just lining it up ;-)

maddison
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by maddison » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:40 am

mdsa65 wrote:You definitely made the right decision ,I was one bid behind you and after viewing these pictures am kicking myself big time. Hey ho back to my rhd conversion :cry: rear seat and overhead locker wanted maddy!!

yep yopu donkey...you messed up there, you should have had that 8O 8O 8O 8O would ahve been perfect mate

got a rear seat back sat here in the garage....and a table if you want them

maddison
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by maddison » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:10 am

...and yes, the string in your magazine rack in original and should be there
you havent shown any pics of the rear drawers, on the ad, it didnt look as though they had the rear `leg` section, post some pics from all sides and we can confirm

did it come with any rear corner units ? (some on ebay at the moment if it didnt)

back too the formica, if you prefer black, thats fine, but a 64 wouldnt have had a black table or wardrobe / slider top, they would have been in the same white wood effect thats on the middle shelf of your kitchen unit or vir-var (grey or turkis) OR THAT LOVELY STUFF YOU HAVE :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ollie
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Ollie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:15 am

This is a great reference post keep the pictures coming!!
'it just bolts right up...'

robmccreedie
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by robmccreedie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:00 pm

great interior, loving the originality of it 8)

Topic Author
Rippers
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Rippers » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:18 pm

I had a day off today and I couldn't resist having a trial fit :oops:

First the rear drawers

I noticed that the Left hand side fits really snug to the body

but the right hand side is squared off and it sort of looks like it was made that way

I was wondering is this an area to store the table legs?? or should there be something else here?

Also some questions on fitting.. would there have been some felt or padding under this unit? and if so roughly how thick. I can see the odd screw bolts holes in the unit where it goes into the body, what type of screw would have been used? just self tappers?

Next the rear panel this is only temporarily resting It looks to me like it might need to be a tad higher and centralised

Pic from rear showing how its flush against the drawer unit

Cooker unit

I fitted the long side door card which came with the interior (it needs a serious clean!!)

but I wanted to point out something we had previously discussed about the clips along the rear panel, they line up with a hole each end of the long door card showing that it was the water pipe route from the tank and as Graham pointed out it would have gone through the hole on the side of the cooker unit to the tap location.

Rear seat, this was very snug fitting, the cooker and right hand side of the seat is sitting on a bit of 5mm ply and you can see the other side isn't and it 'floating' now just an observation at this point.. should the seats angle downwards at the back ( like a normal seat does ) as the first thing that came to mind is whether the bed is going to be flat? or are the cushions shaped to offset this?

Storage space, note I don't have a heater pipe as mine van was originally a panel van

Sadly the hinge on the rear facing seat has lost its pin, does anyone have a spare or know where I can get one?

Thanks to Graham advise I'm pretty sure this is where the small ply panel goes

This one I wasn't sure on but it seems feasible.. is this where the other piece of ply with the water tank instructions fits?

Lid of the easy cool location

This piece came separately and I noticed something possibly odd about it, maybe it is how they where or maybe its a factory error?

The top part looks like it has been rounded off on the wrong side.. possibly this is just a RHD one but I think it is original to the interior

You can see the lacquer marks and screw holes show it was fitted this way.. maybe this is how they are supposed to look??

Fitted the wardrobe and sort of wedged the slider in place for a picture

How is the rear facing seat and the slider unit attached to the van? does it sit on the water tank? or are there bits of wood missing the parts screw into?

Got the wide angle lens out for a pic of the whole lot (need a taller flash thou!)

maddison
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by maddison » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:33 pm

thats FREAKIN SHWEEEEEEET !!!!!

8)

slider and rear facing seat top are screwed threw the bulkhead into the wood

Topic Author
Rippers
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Rippers » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:35 pm

so from inside the cab into the slider and rear seat? makes sense :)

maddison
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by maddison » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:50 pm

yep