Cae Du Tywyn North wales

Good places to camp, and chill out :)

Topic Author
Geocamper

Cae Du Tywyn North wales

Post by Geocamper » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:22 pm

Any one here ever camped there? I have read the reviews and it seems that the site maybe has gone downhill a little.Past reviews sound really good,A lot of positives but the last year or so there seems to be a couple of indifferent reviews.I'm looking at traveling up there this summer. Cool camping rave about the site but i think their review comes from trying the site out some years ago.

Iain67

Re: Cae Du Tywyn North wales

Post by Iain67 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:13 pm

We stayed a couple of times last year and really enjoyed it ,the site is located right next to the sea and based on location alone this site is very good but never seems over busy ,it has a pebble beach which is lovely to listen to waves crashing upon as the sea is very close, prices are good compared with other sites but increase a lot during high season, toilet shower facilities are basic but ok , there is a kitchen area set up for campers with washing machine etc, also an old barn with open fire and table that campers gather in for a few beers if the weather is rubbish. its a very likeable traditional no thrills site with logs delivered each night by the owner for your open camp fire ,the track down has to be driven very carefully if your van is lowered, mine is and I took a couple of wooden ramps on my 2nd visit as there is a bridge made of railway sleepers that's tricky.A few mile up the road is fairbourne and a walk across the railway side bridge your in Barmouth. Also well worth looking at is the blue lake behind fairbourne.

Topic Author
Geocamper

Post by Geocamper » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Thanks Iain.A very informative write up.I'm looking at staying there the last week of July so it looks like I'll be paying top price.As long as it's nice and tidy i'll be happy.Cheers

Iain67

Post by Iain67 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:01 am

July, if your lucky you might see a glimpse of the sun , yeh its a nice site very basic but has the main facilities , nothing modern about it , all traditional welsh stone, always tidy when I have been . would take a levelling board just incase its very busy and you have to park up on a slight slope.

Chewie Baker
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Chewie Baker » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:25 pm

1967 S042 Westfalia "you think of your bus more than you think of me!"

Chewie Baker
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Chewie Baker » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Fantastic place!!

1967 S042 Westfalia "you think of your bus more than you think of me!"

geocamper1
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by geocamper1 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:35 pm

That's where I'll be next summer.Beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk