Campervan friendly campsites in cornwall

Good places to camp, and chill out :)

Topic Author
scotty77

Campervan friendly campsites in cornwall

Post by scotty77 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:28 pm

Can anyone recomend some good campervan friendly campsites in cornwall i'm sur ethere aloads would liek to know if anyone put a few ideas forward
cheers

Marvelwear
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Campervan friendly campsites in cornwall

Post by Marvelwear » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Ive used the Headlands in Tintagel, seen many vw busses onsite. Hook up, showers wifi? been over 5 years, cheap clean and basic and pub, curry house, chippy 150yds, reckon theres 10 pubs in 200yards:-)Im a bit biased as its where I grew up, but its a good base near the Atlantic highway, port isaac and Probable the best surf beach anywhere Trebarwith strand for emmets (Barrow) for locals.well worth a try, but ask for a pitch on the terraces for best views and wifi and level.
[img]http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo27 ... 902021.jpg[/img] 63 CKD Australian type2t1b School clothing bus from Melbourne called"Marvin"

Rashers

Post by Rashers » Mon May 27, 2013 8:23 pm

2 for ya....

Treen farm, a short walk from porthcurno beach and the minack theatre (both must do's but book the theatre well in advance, it's brilliant but sells out)

Tregunwith farm (I think), near mylor bridge, a lovely cheap little campsite a few miles north of Falmouth, at first glance you would think its just a field in the middle of nowhere but its a short walk from the pandora inn, one of the best pubs in the world ever ever

Marvelwear
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Marvelwear » Mon May 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Rashers wrote:2 for ya....

Treen farm, a short walk from porthcurno beach and the minack theatre (both must do's but book the theatre well in advance, it's brilliant but sells out)

Tregunwith farm (I think), near mylor bridge, a lovely cheap little campsite a few miles north of Falmouth, at first glance you would think its just a field in the middle of nowhere but its a short walk from the pandora inn, one of the best pubs in the world ever ever
Might have been, the post was August last year:-)
[img]http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo27 ... 902021.jpg[/img] 63 CKD Australian type2t1b School clothing bus from Melbourne called"Marvin"

Jenni
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Jenni » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:40 pm

The one at Treen is nice, walking distance to nice local pub, a note of caution about the nearest beach - it's nudest, not compulsory tho and very nice sand.

My favourite campsite is Henrys in Lizard, very close to several pubs/restaurant/fishnchips, walking distance to Kynance beach (no dogs allowed tho)
NEW YEAR HARDCORE CAMPING POSSE 2005/06/07/08/09/10/11
Euro road-trips: 2012; 10wks/3394miles. 2014; 4wks/3216miles. 2016; 6wks/4120 miles.

kombie 454
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by kombie 454 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:07 pm

We use a campsite just out side St Ives called Polmanter, lovely site very clean and tidy, bus service into/out of St ives nice walk from the site into St Ives 15 mins,also swimming pool,tennis courts, shop bar/good food,dogs welcome,not the cheapest but very well run family owned site......we love it Oh and if your into sea fishing there's good Bass to be caught at Lelant Church beach a couple of miles away, I caught a 7lb Bass there last time I was down..........
Well I'm standin' on a corner in Winslow Arizona,
Such a fine sight to see!
Oh there's a girl my lord in a flat-bed ford,
Slowin' down to take a look at me! .....................( Wish I'd written that! )

65' Devon "Bubba"
64' Mostard
72' Westy Trailer
52' Es2 Norton

MarkFer
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by MarkFer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:12 pm

We've been to Ruthern Valley twice. Suits us and easy cycle to the Camel trail. Not near a beach though...

http://www.ruthernvalley.com/

rusty1962
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by rusty1962 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:19 pm

Try Gwithian Farm, we've been there the past two years. Great site with good facilities, pub, cafes and a surfing beach.
Resto http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=97975

"J Rax" Handmade front & rear roof racks and clamps for Dormobile buses

visit my webshop

Halso Aircooled VW Oil

If you think you can, you can and if you think you can't, you're right :wink:

Chris Hawkins

Post by Chris Hawkins » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:44 pm

Stayed at the Meadows in St Autell this summer, fantastic site, local pubs, river walks, Italien Pizza van comes on site once a week & SPlitscreen Van with Bar serving Cocktails. Great couple running the site and good facilities.