My First VW !! Mid Life Crisis " Full index on page 1 "

Show off your pristine van, restoration, or daily driver.

SplitBusVanatic

Re: My First VW !! Mid Life Crisis "now living the dream "

Post by SplitBusVanatic » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:38 am

I'm Liking the little Bose speaker Mark.
It's weird. , during one of my many late night in bed dreams/visions of having an 'on the road bus,'
I actually had the same idea as you.
It's handy as no running speaker wires or such and it's portable, you can bring it in the back as you've shown. And it's chargeable.
Great idea.
So glad this thread is not stagnant now that the bus is finished and on the road.
I always check in on it even if I don't post.
How's the coffee table book of Gerry's Journey coming along. ?

Topic Author
markp
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by markp » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:48 am

markp wrote:Got some tunes in Gerry ....... Hoping to give it a trial tomorrow

This little bad boy kicks out some good quality sound and also to a good volume too

Blue tooth
Wireless
7 hrs play time with no charging
Can be charged wile ya listening to it
Can be charged by your siggy lighter socket
Can be moved anywhere you want it
Can be tucked away safe and sound when ya parked up

Happy days

Mark

First trial run this morning with the tunes on ........ It's perfect......... ( In my opinion )

and Dam it feels great to finally have tunes in Gerry as I was missing it ssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooo Bad

Over and out

Mark
Last edited by markp on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

viewtopic.php?f=8&p=598598#p598598

If you're going to dive in then make sure it's the deep end ! SIMPLES :D

Topic Author
markp
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by markp » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:51 am

SplitBusVanatic wrote:I'm Liking the little Bose speaker Mark.
It's weird. , during one of my many late night in bed dreams/visions of having an 'on the road bus,'
I actually had the same idea as you.
It's handy as no running speaker wires or such and it's portable, you can bring it in the back as you've shown. And it's chargeable.
Great idea.
So glad this thread is not stagnant now that the bus is finished and on the road.
I always check in on it even if I don't post.
How's the coffee table book of Gerry's Journey coming along. ?

Good to know the threads still on peoples checking list

crazy ant it .... we even dream about our busses ....or is that just me and you :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

ref to coffee table book ............... Truthfully ..............between you and me :lol: I'm on it ssssssssss ......... watch this space :cheers: :cheers:

Mark

OxonPhil
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by OxonPhil » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:53 am

Cool.....tunes at last :cheers:

I bet the boys will be glad for something to drown our dad's singing :lol:

Phil. :D

Topic Author
markp
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by markp » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:43 pm

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Still looking good after nearly covering 1200 miles since resto completion

Just getting read for the NEC next weekend

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Exciting time ..... :cheers: :cheers:

Mark

SpennysSplitty
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by SpennysSplitty » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:48 pm

Can't wait to see him at the NEC Mark.
He's a real credit to you and your hard work.
Bet the family love him.

See u later in the week

Simon.
SSVC Member 8498

Griff55

Post by Griff55 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Looking lush still!!
Call me ignorant, but what's on at nec please?

Topic Author
markp
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by markp » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:06 pm

Griff55 wrote:Looking lush still!!
Call me ignorant, but what's on at nec please?

Vintage car show bud :wink:

Just got told my other treat for Gerry is ready too

Slowly getting all my camping gear ...one step at a time :cheers:

Mark

Topic Author
markp
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by markp » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:14 pm

SpennysSplitty wrote:Can't wait to see him at the NEC Mark.
He's a real credit to you and your hard work.
Bet the family love him.

See u later in the week

Simon.

Deffo Simon

We'll have a blast mate

Mark

ted698
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by ted698 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi Mark,

Just finally finished reading your epic 252 pager! - its taken me over a week (whilst at work :oops: :oops: hahaha) I've often seen you post in the forum as I noticed your 'bus on the drive' avatar pic....

I never realised until this week what an epic build you had undertaken - full respect.

I think I helped you a little bit when you posted about your burnt out points! :compress:

Mark - this bus is a credit - puts most of us to shame... love the colour scheme - it's fab.

(downer on not making it back into a Devon (the Devon league's gonna get ya! hahaha)

A couple of things...

We are new bus owners too - we bought a 66 Devon back in June.... camping virgins almost....

We bought one of those cooker stand table things - brilliant - one of the best things we got for camping, as if you go anywhere for a day or two, bang it into the awning, unload the food/boxes into it - then your not constantly in & under the seats all the time, moving the kids etc.

Did you put your Devon rail back on? - we find it immensely useful for our driveaway awning (the other best buy!) as it makes the van sooo much bigger to expand into.

We have 2 small kids too (well not quite as small as yours) - 10 & 8 - Luke our 8yr old sleeps on the Devon rear engine bed, Grace our 10 yr old sleeps on a Bluebird Hammock/cot bed across the front seats - works very well - until Luke is too big to fit width wise - cross that bridge when we come to it.

We used our new van quite a few weekends this summer - the kids will LOVE it.

Think about taking a few bikes for the kids - roof rack? - but watch your roof rack if you DO put the Devon rail back on - we almost bought a 3 bow roof rack at Busfest until I remembered our Devon rail & the drive away awning - just be aware of the legs/rail.

Really hope to meet you one day - you did a simply stunning job on restoring that - back on page 1 I could not believe you were even gonna try dude - it was that bad.
I've restored a couple of cars (MG's Triumphs) back in the day, so I know what it takes - but yours is truly amazing.

Hope the awards keep rolling in :colors:
Hope the book goes well ;0P

p.s loving the Bose - might have to pinch that idea :cheers:

dobs
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by dobs » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:41 pm

Hi mark I have just spent the last three days reading you epic restoration from the first pic to the last and have still to find the best word to say how bloody good your work is.

I was point in this direction buy you and others after asking about panels to use and after about 240 pages I see people I know hired it for there wedding and would have seen it in the flesh but couldn't go as was away, i could have been in the pic with my scooter?

Small world I guess

Anyway really need some sleep lol, hats on to you mark

OxonPhil
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by OxonPhil » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:04 am

Hey Mark........

Just keeping an eye on your thread from afar......... :wink:

Catch up soon :cheers:

Topic Author
markp
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by markp » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:20 am

ted698 wrote:Hi Mark,

Just finally finished reading your epic 252 pager! - its taken me over a week (whilst at work :oops: :oops: hahaha) I've often seen you post in the forum as I noticed your 'bus on the drive' avatar pic....

I never realised until this week what an epic build you had undertaken - full respect.

I think I helped you a little bit when you posted about your burnt out points! :compress:

Mark - this bus is a credit - puts most of us to shame... love the colour scheme - it's fab.

(downer on not making it back into a Devon (the Devon league's gonna get ya! hahaha)

A couple of things...

We are new bus owners too - we bought a 66 Devon back in June.... camping virgins almost....

We bought one of those cooker stand table things - brilliant - one of the best things we got for camping, as if you go anywhere for a day or two, bang it into the awning, unload the food/boxes into it - then your not constantly in & under the seats all the time, moving the kids etc.

Did you put your Devon rail back on? - we find it immensely useful for our driveaway awning (the other best buy!) as it makes the van sooo much bigger to expand into.

We have 2 small kids too (well not quite as small as yours) - 10 & 8 - Luke our 8yr old sleeps on the Devon rear engine bed, Grace our 10 yr old sleeps on a Bluebird Hammock/cot bed across the front seats - works very well - until Luke is too big to fit width wise - cross that bridge when we come to it.

We used our new van quite a few weekends this summer - the kids will LOVE it.

Think about taking a few bikes for the kids - roof rack? - but watch your roof rack if you DO put the Devon rail back on - we almost bought a 3 bow roof rack at Busfest until I remembered our Devon rail & the drive away awning - just be aware of the legs/rail.

Really hope to meet you one day - you did a simply stunning job on restoring that - back on page 1 I could not believe you were even gonna try dude - it was that bad.
I've restored a couple of cars (MG's Triumphs) back in the day, so I know what it takes - but yours is truly amazing.

Hope the awards keep rolling in :colors:
Hope the book goes well ;0P

p.s loving the Bose - might have to pinch that idea :cheers:

Thank you for all your kind words dude :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

yes it was hard but OOOOOO so worth all those hours of slog to get to the end and receive all the comments about Gerry on here and also to my face at meets / shows .....I'd do it all again no problem ...... :cheers:

thanks for heads up on the camping stuff and great to know ya kids love it as I'm still to take Claire and the boys away in Gerry :? :? :?

Ref to roof rack and the devon rail ...... see bren rolls thread .... he came up with a great idea and he got over the problem of a roof rack and a drive away awning ......

I have not fitted the awning rail as I have a few Ideas myself on attaching drive away awnings but that will all happen next year when camping and testing my thoughts out :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

p.s I take my hat off to you dude for plodding on and reading the whole thread from start to finish ..... the lucky ones got to follow it as time went on but it's no mean feet to have to sit there and fight ya way though all my terrible spelling on here ...so well done and thanks for reading

keep posting mate ... this thread is like a little community all of it's own :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chat soon

Mark

Topic Author
markp
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by markp » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:30 am

dobs wrote:Hi mark I have just spent the last three days reading you epic restoration from the first pic to the last and have still to find the best word to say how bloody good your work is.

I was point in this direction buy you and others after asking about panels to use and after about 240 pages I see people I know hired it for there wedding and would have seen it in the flesh but couldn't go as was away, i could have been in the pic with my scooter?

Small world I guess

Anyway really need some sleep lol, hats on to you mark

wow start to finish in 3 days ...... and got though the markp spelling mistakes too ...well done dude :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

thank you for kind comments about my work ..... to be really honest it's all the followers that kept this thread alive and kept motivating me to keep going and in return this thread I know has helped and motivated a few other too :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: ...

ref wedding
wow small world ...ya dam right .... shame you didn't make the wedding day dude the wedding couple where lovely and great fun too.
so I guess we'll have to chat at a show next year if we bump into each other :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

laters

Mark

Topic Author
markp
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by markp » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:33 am

OxonPhil wrote:Hey Mark........

Just keeping an eye on your thread from afar......... :wink:

Catch up soon :cheers:

you Jet Setting again Phil :?:

leaving ya poor wife to cope with x 2 kids all on her own ... 8O ... wile you live it up in a posh hotel and 5 star restaurants ... :

SHAME ON YOU PHIL :evil: :lol: :lol:

How can you live with ya self knowing this I really don't know 8) 8)

Laters mate

Mark