65 westy so-42

Show off your pristine van, restoration, or daily driver.

Topic Author
uffy

65 westy so-42

Post by uffy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:01 pm

from this

to this

in about 5 months.
and progressing fast
looking forward to driving asap.
if it ain't broke don't fix it

iesugrist

Post by iesugrist » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:18 pm

verrryyyyy nice.... your man done you proud methinks?! Where did he paint that then to get it so shiney - workplace? :)

Any more piccies? You's ticking with original interior - what's an so-42 exactly then?

Yes.. race on when mine ready in 2005!! :)

loz
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by loz » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:50 pm

nice job, very bright 8)

Topic Author
uffy

Post by uffy » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:57 pm

thanx issy and yup i am proud of him he's done a great job. it was painted here on the drive and i think the s042 bit is the model of westfaliure interior but not really sure so if anyone can enlighten us then i would like to know. it has a turret pop top and is walkthrough. i want to put the interior back in although it is a little tatty in places but i think it is part of the busses history but shaggy wants to remake it all using original as a template. will make up our minds when it is through mot and registered in the uk. i can do the inside when it is on the road.

crewcab

Post by crewcab » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:41 pm

S O stands for special order, you don't want to be replacing it if its all original!!, and yes made by westfalia :lol:

Alexdundee
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Alexdundee » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:55 am

AHaaa, good to see somebody else is taking the alternative route to the original colour sceme, NICE ONE. :lol:
<<<<<<<your my hero, The comments I had about my colour is amazing!<<<<<<<Just to worn you a little bit.

Topic Author
uffy

Post by uffy » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:10 pm

thanx guys and thanx crewcab for enlightening me :D thats more ammo for me to feed the hubby as reasons to keep it original. i have to say it looks abit tatty though mainly the wardrobe front and the trim which i know you can get new stuff. these seem to be cropping up everywhere now. :D love the colour of yours alexdundee i never have anything normal(see what i did to oour early bay :wink: you can just see the side in the photo.)

bigbulli
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by bigbulli » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:45 pm

uffy wrote:thanx guys and thanx crewcab for enlightening me :D thats more ammo for me to feed the hubby as reasons to keep it original. i have to say it looks abit tatty though mainly the wardrobe front and the trim which i know you can get new stuff.
Great to see you have made so much progress.

Definately a good idea to keep the interior original spec, no harm in restoring the tatty bits.
uffy wrote:seem to be cropping up everywhere now.
Maybe we should do an SO-42 line up.....

Topic Author
uffy

Post by uffy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:44 pm

this is how it looks today and it's on the road mot and taxed and registered. look out folks steer clear :shock: i am having difficulty adjusting to left hooker. :D
Image will post interior piccys when i get a chance to take em.