1965 Single Cab

Show off your pristine van, restoration, or daily driver.

Topic Author
bigbulli
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by bigbulli » Sun May 22, 2005 3:47 pm

Thanks Graham,

if we could work on it before BVF then yes! However due to other commitments like going to OCTC/Classic, weddings etc I dont think it will be :(

Is's a shame cos there are only a few jobs left, including reinstalling the petrol tank, getting the engine running, bleeding the brakes, tightening the front end, checking the wiring and an MOT. Probably a weeks work max.
Last edited by bigbulli on Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flatfourfan

Post by flatfourfan » Tue May 24, 2005 11:52 am

daaaaaaaaaaaamn, I leave you for a month or two....... dozen and you're going like a man possessed..........Rich that looks ace....the refurb on the front end looks great. What wheel cylinders are those up front, differs somewhat from what we get this side.

as does pretty much everything.

Topic Author
bigbulli
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by bigbulli » Tue May 24, 2005 6:49 pm

Hey Gary how you doing?

It's all Brazilian stuff from the local GSF. Same as the stock German stuff though not sure if quality is the same :wink:

Hows the DC?

Rich

flatfourfan

Post by flatfourfan » Wed May 25, 2005 6:09 am

Hey Rich

Doing well........I finally got engaged last night, so you could say that I've been busy as well.

Dc is doing well. Runs and rides, but has been on the back burner as I'm saving dosh for the wedding. Been picking up some parts for a while now and have been boxing majority of the stuff for later.

I have a freaking problem with overheating and I can't find out the problem, so until that gets sorted out, he's staying in limbo.

G

vwbuzzers
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by vwbuzzers » Wed May 25, 2005 12:19 pm

Bloody hell rich old buddy have you been having trouble sleeping :roll: sore point there with little uns. Glad to see your getting on, the next time i see your old man in his 25 i'm gonna buy him a drink incase you haven't wish my old man was so handy at welding. OK so i know i've gotta get on with the hochdach :oops:

Topic Author
bigbulli
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by bigbulli » Wed May 25, 2005 4:32 pm

flatfourfan wrote:Hey Rich

Doing well........I finally got engaged last night, so you could say that I've been busy as well.

Dc is doing well. Runs and rides, but has been on the back burner as I'm saving dosh for the wedding. Been picking up some parts for a while now and have been boxing majority of the stuff for later.

I have a freaking problem with overheating and I can't find out the problem, so until that gets sorted out, he's staying in limbo.

G
Congratulations mate! Welcome to the house of pain! :lol:

Parts sound good!

Hope you sort out the over heating, I had a similar problem and it wasnt timed right :roll:

vwbuzzers wrote: Bloody hell rich old buddy have you been having trouble sleeping sore point there with little uns. Glad to see your getting on, the next time i see your old man in his 25 i'm gonna buy him a drink incase you haven't wish my old man was so handy at welding. OK so i know i've gotta get on with the hochdach
Keys, you know the problem too!

Not only is Dad handy at welding he's also a good teacher so I am well up to speed now, even made some gates for the house, scroll work too!! I'm having trouble teaching him mechanics, he seems to have taken over my old project managment role, I'm convinced he'll be wearing a suit the next time we work on a bus :roll:

I'll mention the pint too him, just mind your wallet :lol:

Topic Author
bigbulli
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by bigbulli » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:02 pm

Been busy today. Fitted the hubs, tightened king pins, fitted rear flexi hoses, got the wheels on and got it out side, still lots to do! Engine, petrol tank, bleed brakes, adjust handbrake, etc etc

Dad has cleaned and primered the original bed too, cool!

Topic Author
bigbulli
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by bigbulli » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:03 pm

arse end :wink:

alanoxo

Post by alanoxo » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:02 pm

nice pics! wish my load bed was as clean as yours mines got to many holes to patch up so i'm gonna replace the lot eventually. its covered by chequer plate at the minute which i don't really like but it'll do for the time being.

Topic Author
bigbulli
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by bigbulli » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:04 am

Thanks Alan,

Here's that picture I promised a while back, eventually got into the loft!

alanoxo

Post by alanoxo » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:05 pm

Thanks for the picture can't believe how different it looks. Hope to see more pictures of the progress on yours.

Topic Author
bigbulli
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by bigbulli » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:53 pm

SOme of the parts we bought on our recent visit to the OCTO / Classic it's sssooo cheap over there for parts, about half what we pay here :roll:

OCTO/Classic British Invasion....

Last edited by bigbulli on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic Author
bigbulli
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by bigbulli » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:25 am

Here's the pedal tray for our SC. Cleaned up a treat.

Did a bit more work yesterday, adjusted the brakes, timed the engine (couldnt get it running as battery flat), heated up the rear corner and started knocking out the big dents. Still little jobs to do including getting a new petrol tank and sorting out some wiring / relays.

Topic Author
bigbulli
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by bigbulli » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:33 pm

Took out the scratched front screens. They were not OG so no problem. I found a replacement screen in the parts bin, just need one more....anyone got one?

Topic Author
bigbulli
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by bigbulli » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:04 pm

Our new '67 only big hump petrol tank! Thanks to Jim, Doc and Ben :D