57 Project

Show off your pristine van, restoration, or daily driver.

Topic Author
Pie
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: 57 Project

Post by Pie » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:22 pm

Due to the lockdown I painted me garage floor. While the van was out I fitted a quick shift kit that I had left over from a bay years ago, It made a great difference. I also fitted a rug I made a few months ago. It was a crucial trading offcut with a 50s pattern. Dont look at the name on the fridge, toooo depressing.
IMG_5213.JPG
IMG_5214.JPG
Dad, theres smoke coming out of the back!!!

Saftgurglaren

Post by Saftgurglaren » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:24 pm

That went out really nice, so much better than when you began the project. The name on the fridge was the first stuff that caught my eyes :D
Why have a good looking face? You can't even see your own face !!!

vanbloke

Post by vanbloke » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:13 pm

Dude love your idea of the bulkhead seat!!! Do you have any photos of it down against the rock and roll bed?...we want something similar in our van dude

Topic Author
Pie
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Pie » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:45 am

vanbloke wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:13 pm
Dude love your idea of the bulkhead seat!!! Do you have any photos of it down against the rock and roll bed?...we want something similar in our van dude
I will take some in the morning xx

Topic Author
Pie
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Pie » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:24 pm

vanbloke wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:13 pm
Here you go mate as promised. The bulkhead unit has a single fixed seat by the door. Under that is the fridge gubbins some electrickery and fire extinguisher. The far 3/4 hinges from the far side straight up so not to foul the table. The table dont really need the leg. You can remove the table or fit it outside but you can leave it in and just swivel it so you can put your Horlicks on it. Or whisky! when your in the pit. You can still use the bulkhead seat to sit and put your socks on even if the Mrs is still in bed.I didnt scribe the bulkhead seat into the bulkhead, it acts as a vent for the fridge so its vented top and bottom it also gives it a boxy matrix camping box type of period look
IMG_5245.jpg
IMG_5246.JPG
IMG_3812.JPG
IMG_3500.JPG
IMG_5247.JPG
IMG_5248.jpg
Last edited by Pie on Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vanbloke

Post by vanbloke » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:16 pm

Thanks dude for the photos, that looks suberb by the way, really like the way you have halved the seat so you can get into it...with not a lot of room great solution dude...oh and Love the sock sandle combination ...I will will be sporting that look in the new camping season if we actually get one lol

vanbloke

Post by vanbloke » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:19 pm

I really love the rug/ carpet you've made, did you sew the corners on a sewing machine or have it made?...we have some 60s kitchen vinyl from an old kitchen floor that's going down, but that rug is cool!!!?

Topic Author
Pie
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Pie » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:29 pm

vanbloke wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:16 pm
Thanks dude for the photos, that looks suberb by the way, really like the way you have halved the seat so you can get into it...with not a lot of room great solution dude...oh and Love the sock sandle combination ...I will will be sporting that look in the new camping season if we actually get one lol
Thats the daughter, she had just been riding her horse, seemingly sliders and socks are a "thing"

Topic Author
Pie
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Pie » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:36 pm

vanbloke wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:19 pm
I really love the rug/ carpet you've made, did you sew the corners on a sewing machine or have it made?...we have some 60s kitchen vinyl from an old kitchen floor that's going down, but that rug is cool!!!?
Got an offcut from crucial trading , it arrived next day , a bloke called Ralph who works for me mate Carpet Kev bound it for a tenner, I have to say me template was spot on !!

vanbloke

Post by vanbloke » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:06 am

Ah ok yes there's a small carpet/ rug shop in town that can bind...but it won't be yet...everything is closed!!! Really like the idea of the rug though, will totally pinch your idea...I do have a creative bulkhead seat for our bus, but I think I will custom it somehow like yours dude...cheers for the idea...won't be pinching the sock sander combo though lol 😂

vanbloke

Post by vanbloke » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:26 pm

Me again :)...So my partner Suzie was asking where was your fire pit/tripod from?...we have been after one for ages...is it a made one or did yoyu buy it from somewhere, we had fashioned one for our garden, but your camping one is amazing!!!!!! :)

Topic Author
Pie
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Pie » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:58 pm

vanbloke wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:26 pm
Me again :)...So my partner Suzie was asking where was your fire pit/tripod from?...we have been after one for ages...is it a made one or did yoyu buy it from somewhere, we had fashioned one for our garden, but your camping one is amazing!!!!!! :)
The fire pit is an old curry pot from a temple in India, when I welded tabs in it to hold a grill plate it smelt of curry and it bubbled out of the joints,,, I made the tripod out of some bar. Cant wait to get it going in the evening , will be a bit of a lonely do with no mates around.