Re: FOUND; NAL 335E 13 window RHD Sliding door Splitscreen

Post by Wonderland Classics » Wed May 06, 2009 2:01 pm

Thanks very much!!

SAMBA VAN MAN
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by SAMBA VAN MAN » Wed May 06, 2009 2:17 pm

FANTASTIC NEWS :D Why was the caller anonymous though surely if they were a genuine vdub nutter they wouldn't of hidden their identity!!! Where did you have the stolen advert on forums? or shops lamp posts. Glad you got her back :D Maybe chip foose has done a uk overhaulin on her 8O
Never stand on the toes of someone today, Who's A$$ you could be kissin tomorrow.

Paul

m1xmag

Post by m1xmag » Wed May 06, 2009 5:59 pm

Absolutely fantastic news she's been found, well chuffed for you :D
'67 Sportsmobile

I'm not giving up yet.....

Topic Author
Wonderland Classics

Post by Wonderland Classics » Wed May 06, 2009 6:40 pm

Thanks for the kind words... we put up postings here and on Volkszone which is where the guy got my number... possibly he would've given me his name but the money ran out!

Max Last
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Max Last » Wed May 06, 2009 7:12 pm

Fantastic news!
Bothering the blinkered since 1969.

Topic Author
Wonderland Classics

Post by Wonderland Classics » Thu May 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Just a quick update... we collected our beautiful bus this morning and she's now sitting at home... minus the kids bikes, car seats, radio, roofrack etc and a little bit of paint damage but back on our drive where she belongs!!

Against all odds I feel we've been extremely lucky to get her back and just can't believe how lucky we are... although... crazy as it may seem my other half is now thinking she might sell her and buy another one in the future once we live somewhere we can keep a van more secure rather than worry all the time about her being nicked...

It's a sad world isn't it that something like this happens to a decent hardworking loving person to make them give up their passion rather than have the worry of it all... I understand why she feels like this but I just think it's sad... anyway, hopefully she'll decide to keep it!!

A great big thank you to everyone for their support and offers of help... it really did make us feel better about the whole situation even though we "knew" we'd never see her again!! the moral of the story is obviously be realistic but don't give up hope!!!

Thanks again!!

surreysplit
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by surreysplit » Thu May 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Great news , glad you got the bus back, shame minus some things but they are replaceable , very happy for you 8)
SSVC FORUM MODERATOR

BJ1
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by BJ1 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:12 pm

Great news :cheers:

Now let's have an anonymous call with some names of the scrotes that did this. They must be local to Sheppey and if they are not caught they'll do it again.
1965 Westy in Velvet Green - being restored
1967 Devon from Devon still in Devon
1967 Sundial from Idaho
1971 Westfalia from LA
1971 patina Delux from Montana now living in Germany
1972 Devon now owned by No 1 son!

hebbrkd

Post by hebbrkd » Thu May 07, 2009 10:50 pm

FANTASTIC NEWS :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It's an amazing feeling getting it back isn't it..............so think about it!! I wouldn't sell if i was you just up the security. Every day since i got her back the first thing i do in the morning is check it's there which isn't right but at least I've got it.

Your bus looks awesome, in far better nick than mine, so don't let these w*****s get the better of you, you obviously love your bus so keep it.

All the best and good luck with the bus. You got PM.

Cheers,

Keith.

Topic Author
Wonderland Classics

Post by Wonderland Classics » Fri May 08, 2009 8:24 am

hebbrkd wrote:FANTASTIC NEWS :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It's an amazing feeling getting it back isn't it..............so think about it!! I wouldn't sell if i was you just up the security. Every day since i got her back the first thing i do in the morning is check it's there which isn't right but at least I've got it.

Your bus looks awesome, in far better nick than mine, so don't let these w*****s get the better of you, you obviously love your bus so keep it.

All the best and good luck with the bus. You got PM.

Cheers,

Keith.
Thanks Keith... I know you're right but can't help the way she feels!!

Out of interest to everyone with regards the crooklock; whoever stole it just bent the arm of the steering wheel down to get the pedal to wheel crook lock off, knackering my steering wheel... how easy was that... and what a useless crooklock!!

If you've got one of these brake pedal to steering wheel style... upgrade your crooklock asap... I certainly will!!

crapbug

Post by crapbug » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:15 pm

you lucky *******
Wonderland Classics wrote:Found in the Isle of Sheppy!!

We had an anonymous call last night to let us know that our beautiful van had been spotted in/on the Isle of Sheppy... the Kent Police did a sterling job and sent out a patrol car to check it out and now it's in a secure lock up waiting for us to collect it... we don't know the condition yet and are a little apprehensive about going in case something nasty's been done to it but will let you all know as soon as we know...

A big thank you to the anonymous caller... money ran out in the phone box so only got very basic details but it was enough to find it so thank you very much.

Thank you too to everyone especially all contributors to this posting for offering help and to keep their eyes peeled for us... this time it seems to have paid off but will let you all know the state of it when we get it home!!

Thanks again!!!