Engine keeps leaking oil

panel van lee
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Engine keeps leaking oil

Post by panel van lee »

Hi Mick.
I'm not suggesting this is a cure but I think a lot of people with a deep sump run the oil level nearer to minimum. When I first fitted my larger engine I filled to max on dipstickmand had a rubbish breather. Result oil everywhere . Now running sand seal,csp breather box and oil filled to minimum on dipstick. No leaks at present.
Cheers Lee.
mickg

Post by mickg »

Cheers lee I will try and run at lower level but I think I need a breather box to nice to know I'm not alone with problems good to share results thanks

Mick
e m p i

Post by e m p i »

Ah yeah, forgot about oil levels. Good thing about threads like this is that they kind of refresh your knowledge as more people input to them. I don't run a deep sump but found that if I filled to max level it tended to blow out until it was about 3/4 mark on the dipstick then stop. Guess it was finding its own level of sorts.

Shalom, Lee
"...scum is scum wherever you go" D.C.I. Gene Hunt

0.018 reaction time:Empster July 2005 with a timing slip to prove it
Sooty wrote: You are a god Lee. :cheers:
mickg

Post by mickg »

Cheers lee I have pm you my e mail if you could find it I would appreciate it thanks

Mick
readyboy61
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by readyboy61 »

I run a deep sump on the 1776 and yep with oil level any higher than 3/4 oil gets dumped out the bottom of the stock breather tube onto.the floor, I run a breather box which vents from the rocker covers and run a scat pulley, no leaks
Fixing VWs in my sleep, im not the only one right?