Monroe Air Shocks

leeco10

Monroe Air Shocks

Post by leeco10 »

Hi all, I'm looking to tub my bus using Trailer Queen Tubs but in addition I'm looking to raise it slightly.

It has flipped spindles and an adjustable beam but even at its highest point its pretty low, lower than the spindles alone should be, so probably saggy springs.
I also travel on ferries from time to time and have traded paint on he ramps of these, so I toyed with fitting adjustable coil overs then a friend mentioned the Monroe air shocks.
I know this will probably put extra load on the shock mounts but figure they'll take it.
I'm not looking to Bag it as I'm content with all aspects of driving it, just need something to raise it a wee bit without too much fettling.

TIA
Brian
joannedoyle
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Monroe Air Shocks

Post by joannedoyle »

I have the Monroe air shocks on the front. I put them on due to a steep drive and forever touching up the paint on the bumper. It only lifts a few inches but does the job. I originally had them on a cigarette lighter Socket powered tyre pump connected to a valve on the included air lines. I have since fitted a tank and control panel. I love the way it rides and is very practical for speed bumps etc.
Simon
1954 ragtop oval beetle
1957 dove blue kombi
It's not just a blue car
It's a f@#*!ng dove blue VW.

(Twitter) @trustyrustyvw
leeco10

Post by leeco10 »

Thanks for the the reply, do you know what model you purchased?
Is the ride any harsher with them?
I'm not looking for masses of lift, just enough to make practical and sounds like this could be a solution.
joannedoyle
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by joannedoyle »

Just looked through old emails and found they are MA 785. Fitted to king and link pin . Hope this helps
1954 ragtop oval beetle
1957 dove blue kombi
It's not just a blue car
It's a f@#*!ng dove blue VW.

(Twitter) @trustyrustyvw