bosch wr 1 hard start relay kit

Topic Author
piran
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

bosch wr 1 hard start relay kit

Post by piran » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:38 pm

hi,
does anyone know who in the uk sells the bosch hard start really kit please.
i can find loads of empi ones but not bosch for some reason
many thanks
Last edited by piran on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Good

Re: bosch wr 1 hard start relay kit

Post by Peter Good » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Sadly, you will not find one! Back in the 70's and early 80's I wrote quite a lot auto-electrical pages for various club mags. However one club editor who must remain nameless decided to merge (without my permission I add!) two completely separate items into one and made a complete hash of it. In so doing managed to 'invent' a Bosch WR1 kit. There is no such item. It's very strange how this mis-edited document keeps re-emerging in various places some 35 plus years later. For the record the WR1 kit was in it's day a wiper motor dropper for 12 volts down to 6 volts.
Peter Good

Who.Me?
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Who.Me? » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:57 am

There are sellers in the states claiming to sell them. E.g eBay item 401164928053 shows a bosch document with wr 1 on it.

I couldn't find one here so I bought an LED light bar wiring kit that came with cabling, relay and relay socket. It came with loads of cable, so I can mount out where I like in the engine bay. The hard start relay kits don't seem to have much cable.

Who.Me?
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Who.Me? » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:02 am

Hi

Just want a quick confirmation of whether this will work or not...

As above, I made my own hot/hard-start relay. I followed the Bosch WR-1 instructions posted on Type2.com (copied below).

If I temporarily disonnect terminals 30 & 87 and put a switch across them (short terminals 30 & 87) , am I effectively creating a remote switch that'll crank the engine over without firing it? If so, it'll save me crawling under the truck and messing with the connections already on the starter motor.

(And if I run a suitably fused fly-lead direct from the battery +ve to the 12V coil +ve, will it work as a remote starter too?

Andy