A forum for magazine article ideas

Moderators: Sally, Caroline

Topic Author
maddison
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Issue 199

Post by maddison » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:18 am

issue 199 has gone to print and should hopefully be hitting your doorsteps within a week or 2 :-)
hope you all enjoy

Huw
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Issue 199

Post by Huw » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Good magazine, but very little write up on the AGM and no mention off audited accounts, any chance of some info?

Topic Author
maddison
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by maddison » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:38 am

I think Susies Presidential Ponderings gives a good over view of what she discussed at the AGM, page opposite shows the award results=
other than that, i'm afraid i can only work with the info at hand, ;-)
Not sure if the meeting was minuted, but if it was, i haven't got a copy at hand

On a personal note, as editor, in the mag i'd rather see a nice over view of the AGM than full detailed minutes, but agree these should be available upon request, should someone want to see them

With regards to audited accounts….I agree, an over view could well make for an interesting yearly inclusion to the mag, (maybe in the winter months when content is thinner) I will raise this with the committee

I don't really see any benefit in showing a full audited breakdown in the mag, but yes, an over view of the years finances with direction on how to request FULL details….if required, although personally, i'm not entirely sure why a full breakdown would be required, but what do i know , I just stick the pretty pictures together LOL

Huw
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Huw » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:22 pm

Club accounts MUST be audited and published to all paid up members EVERY year, interesting that you think otherwise, and did you say that meetings are not minuted????

Topic Author
maddison
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by maddison » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:00 am

A few important words used in my reply your overlooking Huw

'On a personal note' …… (why you think its interesting that my personal opinion differs to yours is beyond me ???)

the forum is great, as it offers me an opportunity to give my own personal opinion, the magazine, less so, and i do try to not force my own personal opinion via my editor role
if however you would like to submit a single article/submission/letter highlighting your concerns/opinions/view, i'd be happy to publish it in the mag. Just you , getting YOUR point across.

As magazine editor….I consider myself as the final say as to what does, and doesn't go into the magazine…from the content contributed
I don't feel the obligation to police all committee members and the roles they are performing, I concentrate on managing any contributions I receive for the magazine and hopefully when the time is due, spewing out a magazine…..the content is totally down to what I receive…or….whatever i feel like writing about if there is a lack of members or committee content….club finances isn't one of the things i feel like spending my own free time writing about, so sorry i'm not hitting the mark for you on that, i'd suggest you raise it with the club treasurer to push for a magazine contribution ;-)

Club accounts MUST be audited and published to all paid up members EVERY year

I'm not disputing this, but as magazine editor, i'm saying in my opinion, i'd rather fill my pages with more interesting content, I agree, an overview would be of interest, but the FULL detailed accounts, I feel, would be a bad use of limited printed pages and could be shared to the membership in a more effective method, either membership section on the forum, for any member to view at any time…if they wished……
…or
…....by request

so yeah, an overview with details of how to locate the FULL club accounts, i'm actually agreeing with everything your saying, just suggesting its done in a more efficient way (from a printed mag perspective)

with regards to minutes from meeting….again, think you have read between the lines, No, i didn't say it wasn't minuted , what i said was, if it WAS minuted, i haven't received a copy for submission in the magazine - hope that clarifies the matter ;-)
again, club secretary would be the best person to answer this for you