Brazilian Kombi chassis number question

A place to gather and discuss Fleetlines, Brasilias and other wonderful of examples of what the rest of the world did with 'The Split'

Topic Author
vdubtom

Brazilian Kombi chassis number question

Post by vdubtom » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:26 am

I know there's another thread somewhere on here relating to Chassis numbers on Brazilian buses, however I've lost it and don't quite remember seeing the info I need!

I have a 1961 11 window Brazilian Kombi that I've just imported, and am now going through the delightful process of getting it registered. I have a question relating to the chassis number location. Mine has it's 5 digit number stamped in the area to the right of the engine, which in itself is fine, however there doesn't appear to be any other vin plate or number anywhere else on the vehicle (apart from the engine number).

As this is a very early Brazilian bus, I'm aware that records kept back then (and subsequently) were not nearly as good as the Germans, however could this be correct that I only have the number stamped in the engine bay or should there be a vin plate somewhere else too?? Any insight from those more experienced with Brazilian Kombi history most welcome!

james309
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Brazilian Kombi chassis number question

Post by james309 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:53 pm

Have you looked for a plate on the bulkhead and a chassis plate in the engine bay ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Topic Author
vdubtom

Re: Brazilian Kombi chassis number question

Post by vdubtom » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:17 pm

Yeah I’ve looked but can’t see anything else. I’m thinking as it’s such an early vehicle it’s either never been there or been lost....the number stamped into the panel to the right of the engine matches up with the original Brazilian registration documents etc....