67 13 window deluxe

If you've a bus for sale this is the place for it!
When something has sold please mark it AS *** SOLD ***

Topic Author
X595
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

67 13 window deluxe

Post by X595 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:36 pm

Up for sale is my California import 1967 13 window deluxe. I have had this bus for 6 years and have lovingly restored it to its current immaculate condition. The bus was very solid on arrival here in the UK and only required very minimal welding to the front cab floors and battery tray. All panels were arrow straight but the original lower half paint was severely faded due to the California sun. After much consideration I decided to have the bus repainted in its original colour scheme to protect it from our UK climate. This was done to an extremely high standard by a local paint shop magician and VW enthusiast. All window and door seals were replaced at the same time. M code plates and serial numbers are all present and correct. The underside has been fully waxoyled and is excellent.

Pearl White over Velvet Green with a red insert in the deluxe trim the bus looks beautiful. It sits on original steel wheels, painted white, with perfect baby moon hubcaps all round. The tyres are whitewall with tons of tread left. The standard running gear has been lowered slightly front and rear for garage clearance but could easily be returned to stock height if required. The motor is a 1600 single port which is very reliable, smooth and quiet. The exhaust has a unique stainless steel slash cut tail pipe from the silencer and looks great.

Inside it has a Creative Engineering rock and roll bed fitted in the rear and 1/3rd 2/3rd seating in the front. The front seats are trimmed in red leather piped with cream. The rear seat has contrasting cream leather piped with red, a similarly trimmed cushion covers the engine bay for use with the rock and roll bed. Beige front inertia reel seat belts are installed. There is a birch ply headlining throughout with a blanket shelf above the engine bay in the rear. Funky seventies style black out curtains on swish tracks are fitted to all rear windows and above the bulk head for complete privacy. It also has a cream banjo steering wheel with sun and moon horn push

This is a seriously nice, professionally maintained, matching numbers bus that last year was runner up in my local show, only beaten by a 30k restoration jobbie. There is a load of scope for further alteration if required but I preferred to keep it fairly standard with reversible mods. I am gutted to be selling this bus and even typing this ad is making me feel sick, but we need the money for something else.

I am looking for around £23,000 for the bus which has a new tax disc and MOT until June 2013.

Any genuine enquiries by PM please. Would prefer no time wasters or photo collectors as this is painful enough as it is.

Regards S

george21

Re: 67 13 window deluxe

Post by george21 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:05 am

Would prefer no time wasters or photo collectors as this is painful enough as it is.

Regards S[/quote]
but you won't sell without pics! i would be interested if you can show what you are selling. cheers george

PowlsOne

Post by PowlsOne » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:53 pm

Pics please !!!!!!!!! :wink:

wantasplit

Post by wantasplit » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:00 pm

This bus is outstanding and I'm not only saying that because he's a mate, but as someone who searched for two years for a split in a similar condition before deserting to an early bay!
If you are looking for a 13 window deluxe, you will in my opinion struggle to find another in this condition, BUT hurry before he changes his mind and keeps it! :D

falstaff

Post by falstaff » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:25 pm

If I wanted 23k for a bus, I'd probably take some fancy-pants pictures in front of the 'oh noes, not another bleeding country castley estate as backdrop' as a bare minimum. It shows you're serious.

ben

Topic Author
X595
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by X595 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:03 pm

Ok, I'm getting the drift!

Now then, how do you post pictures again????????

I know I'll do a search and get some pics up.

Topic Author
X595
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by X595 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:36 pm

All pm's replied to

Topic Author
X595
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: 67 13 window deluxe SOLD

Post by X595 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Vehicle now sold. Thanks for all the interest. Even without pictures!!