My lovely 1982 PENDING

If you've a bus for sale this is the place for it!
When something has sold please mark it AS *** SOLD ***

Topic Author
Le Counte de JAYFOR
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

My lovely 1982 PENDING

Post by Le Counte de JAYFOR » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:23 pm

With 90+K miles on the clock this is so original and one previous owner before me from new. In a lovely retro VW Orange and black pinstriping. It has some original documentation from the original dealership and old service history. Its very clean indeed, throughout. You can keep it as a panel van or use as a blank canvas and put an interior of your choice in it. The inside shines as good as the outside and runs and drives effortlessly. Brown basket weave seats and door cards. This bus is totally unmolested. It has just passed its MOT and has been Taxed at the same time.
Was used by the original owner for transporting his musical instuments to and from concerts as he was a member of The Royal Philamonic Ochestra. Thats why there are traces of carpet in the sides.

2LT air-cooled, and will easily cruise at 65-75mph as its so light. Has one NOS heat exchanger and the other being original to the bus. Tow bar also included. It also has an old vintage Bina-tone telephone CB radio. CB wont work, but the PA does :lol:

Only bad points:
Some scabbing on drivers side rear seam.
One exhaust stud need replacing as she pops.
Sliding door has a little rust at the bottom but cant see it when doors shut.(comes with repair panels)

Good points:
Its a beautiful thang.
New Starter motor.
Front lower panel repaired
New fuel tank.
New brake master cylinder
New brake slave cylinder
New clutch
New headlamps.
New clutch slave cylinder
New pass side front calliper
New original VW jail bars
Pass swivel base
Dash organiser
Pass door bottom repaired

£3800
Last edited by Le Counte de JAYFOR on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magic8Ball
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: My lovely 1982 T25, second owner from new.....

Post by Magic8Ball » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:44 pm

Errr Joe, thats a BIG up innit, The Royal Philharmonic, best you check that sticker on the front window again. It was used to carry those big Kettle Drums and was used by a chap from The Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment. Alas the poor chap and original owner is no longer with us :(

Don't forget to point out those lovely Yale locks on every door additional to the stock VW ones, for added security ....... :D

Sorry Joe but i wanted to bang the drum with the right info .......GLWS lovely van :wink:
Might get more fan mail on the darkside ...VZi
Magic8Ball says - ask me a question
Genuine Oil Dripper
- SSC&FATTC Member
Rides
AIR COOLED - 59 Kombi, 60 KG, 61 BUG, Chateau Mobile Trailer Tent.
WATER COOLED - 2016 Golf 1.0 Full Bluemotion with 7Speed DSG - Reflex Silver

e m p i

Post by e m p i » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:09 am

Just as long as he wasn't a trombonist in an amateur swing band :lol:
Looks like a good buy for someone,

Shalom, Lee.
"...scum is scum wherever you go" D.C.I. Gene Hunt

0.018 reaction time:Empster July 2005 with a timing slip to prove it
Sooty wrote: You are a god Lee. :cheers:

Topic Author
Le Counte de JAYFOR
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Le Counte de JAYFOR » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:54 am

Magic8Ball wrote:The Royal Philharmonic,
The sticker is just one someone gave him :lol:

christianjk

Re: My lovely 1982 PENDING

Post by christianjk » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:49 am

Hello everyone. Been looking for what happened to this van since late 2011 and just stumbled across this post from a Google images search of the registration plate :)

The first owner of this van was my late father (Janos) a timpanist who played with several orchestras and who was also a professor of music at the Royal College Of Music (London). He got rid of it in the early 00s after (what he said to me) was a major mechanical fault. No idea if he'd sold it but apparently it went to his friend Laszlo who ran a garage somewhere in Harrow (don't know if that garage is still running or if Laszlo is still alive). Was apparently just sat in his yard being used to store stuff in afterwards.

I thought he'd removed the CB but obviously not. I remember travelling with him to a place called Potter's where he had some of his timpani repaired and he let me have a cheeky go on the CB but I'd accidentally activated the PA function instead and the next thing you heard from outside the van was "BREAKER ONE NINE" :D Because of him having a CB in there, it sparked an interest for me and I'm now a CB radio operator myself (as well as a radio ham) :)

Would love to find out who owns it now. Been at least 15, 16 years since I last saw it and would be great to see it in person again. If the owner is on this site and wouldn't mind me coming to have a look at it, please drop me an email at cjk_wingrave@yahoo.co.uk :)

Below is 2 pictures I have of the van from when he had it. One was the back of the van where you can see the CB antenna

So happy to see this is still around and about and has been looked after by enthusiasts

Best regards, Christian
Attachments
10388124_10203099553604173_942261665027721180_n.jpg
10373619_10203099533043659_4876333385651178377_n.jpg

Rocket Ron
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Rocket Ron » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:40 am

Nice van Joe but why call it pending, I'd have thought Jaffa might have been a more appropriate name, sunshine even but pending....come on....
Yes it is nice to see you've not cut windows into the sides too.......don't want to scare people do we......
Sometimes when you have set the benchmark, the only one you have to beat is yourself !

philsparks
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by philsparks » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:33 pm

Is this van sold? I need another aircooled.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

thebouncingbunny

Post by thebouncingbunny » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:21 pm

I'm guessing so as the original ad was four and a half years ago.
I do like the sound of the binatone cb tho.they were rare even when new.
Great that you've added those period pics.hope the current owner sees this.
ImageImage

christianjk

Post by christianjk » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:09 pm

:)

I hope the new owner sees them too. Would love to find where it is so I can see it, even if just from the outside. Yeah found those pics when we were sorting out my late father's picture collections. I'm sure there's more and if there is, I'll scan those in too and post them.

I can't remember which Binatone CB he had, but I've got pretty much 1 of each Binatone CB now so I'm sure I got the same one as he had lol