RHD '57 WALKTHROUGH SAMBA!

If you've a bus for sale this is the place for it!
When something has sold please mark it AS *** SOLD ***
Magic8Ball
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: RHD '57 WALKTHROUGH SAMBA!

Post by Magic8Ball »

Tim, you've seen it, Peppercorn, 2009, remember ? There seems to be a problem with photobucket at the moment but you can view pics in SSVC rides and projects under the banner Between the Scooter and The Bus i'm kept busy.

And no its not for the purists, but its my Bus and slowly but surely its getting to be the way i want it and the way i use it and probably when i've got it just right i will sell it like i usually do !! and as you all know i've sold some different Buses over the years and i have a liking of ' double doors ' i'm just about to put a really nice powerplant into the 15 so hopefully i will be getting to more shows, quicker ............. :wink:
Last edited by Magic8Ball on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magic8Ball says - ask me a question
Genuine Oil Dripper
- SSC&FATTC Member
Rides
AIR COOLED - 59 Kombi, 60 KG, 61 BUG, Chateau Mobile Trailer Tent.
WATER COOLED - 2016 Golf 1.0 Full Bluemotion with 7Speed DSG - Reflex Silver
23A
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by 23A »

..yeah, remember it now, Dude :D 8)
Image Image
http://www.earlyvw.com

..now an agent for Butty's Bits ..
maddison
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by maddison »

surely no-one wold go to the effort of changing the mounts for lower cargo door hinges, they`d just realise they had the wrong doors and get the right ones

no way is that bus a 57...no way
davek
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by davek »

maddison wrote:surely no-one wold go to the effort of changing the mounts for lower cargo door hinges, they`d just realise they had the wrong doors and get the right ones

Wouldn't it depend where it was 'restored' If it was in Thailand/Indonesia or similar wouldn't they change the hinges to fit the door rather than the other way round? From what I've seen nothing stops these guys getting vans back together - even the lack of sheet metal 8O
gismorat50

Post by gismorat50 »

mine is a 57 (american spec, no semaphores) and the rear lights on mine are exactly what magic said 100mm higher and 12mm farther in so this has 59 model rear lights
Oh Fcuk here comes that Pied Piper dude
maddison
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by maddison »

davek wrote:
maddison wrote:surely no-one wold go to the effort of changing the mounts for lower cargo door hinges, they`d just realise they had the wrong doors and get the right ones

Wouldn't it depend where it was 'restored' If it was in Thailand/Indonesia or similar wouldn't they change the hinges to fit the door rather than the other way round? From what I've seen nothing stops these guys getting vans back together - even the lack of sheet metal 8O
and fit a spare wheel well rear shelf...and cut out the bulkhead and turn into a walkthrew

I have nothing against buses having anything done to them, stick a samba roof on yep, turn an 11 into a 15, stick cargo doors on the other side...or both sides, whatever

but this bus is up for 35k and is dodgy as.....it may have been done legit, but thats not a 57 bus, it just isnt

i`d say its probably more like a 66 11 window, with the back end, roof and ID from a 23 chopped off and stuck on,
andy66split

Post by andy66split »

would this be a genuine samba with a chassis number starting with 224?
peter the plumber

Post by peter the plumber »

23A wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1957-VOLKSWAG ... 4aae35cebd
Anyone know this bus/owner? :?
all I can say is check out this page, and be aware of whats going on out there, buyer beware. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... id=1139613,
Dai
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Dai »

Wow, I'd quite like to know what the official valuation for this would be...
In the pub after Hessisch.
dipstick

Post by dipstick »

I assume these comments relate to my 1957 Splitscreen. When I went to purchase it, as I had no knowledge of the complexities of these vehicles consequently I took the owner of Reichspeed with me and thought I was buying a Samba in good faith. Even when I had it valued nothing was mentioned about it not being a Samba! However, since advertising it I have only just found and read all of your comments. I have made further enquiries and can confirm the following :-

1) I have the Birth Certificate from the VW Museum confirming the bus is a model 224
VW Micro Bus, right hand drive.
2) The original colours were L312 Palm Green/L311 Sand Green with Lime green upholstery.
3) It has "low hinge" cargo doors and tailgate, which is 1960-1963 (half moon recess),
fitted.
4) Seats have been re-trimmed and cab seats appear to have been mounted on new
runners and are non standard.
5) Engine - Is not the original 1.2 litre, looks to have been replaced with either a 1500
or possibly a 1600 from an early Bay.

As a genuine and honest seller, now that I am aware of these issues, I have amended my adverts and reduced my price which is now below the SSVC valuation.
My bus is a Model 224 Microbus, consequently many of the above posts are now technically incorrect, irrelevant and detrimental.
As a new member to the VW scene I would have appreciated some help and advice rather than suddenly finding derrogatory comments being posted across the worldwide web about myself and my bus.
Nevertheless, the bus is a legitimate, MOT'd, good solid bus.
It is available for anyone to view and inspect and I am open to sensible offers.
e m p i

Post by e m p i »

dipstick wrote:I assume these comments relate to my 1957 Splitscreen. When I went to purchase it, as I had no knowledge of the complexities of these vehicles consequently I took the owner of Reichspeed with me and thought I was buying a Samba in good faith. Even when I had it valued nothing was mentioned about it not being a Samba! However, since advertising it I have only just found and read all of your comments. I have made further enquiries and can confirm the following :-

1) I have the Birth Certificate from the VW Museum confirming the bus is a model 224
2) The original colours were L312 Palm Green/L311 Sand Green with Lime green upholstery.
3) It has "low hinge" cargo doors and tailgate, which is 1960-1963 (half moon recess),
fitted.
5) Engine - Is not the original 1.2 litre, looks to have been replaced with either a 1500

As a genuine and honest seller, now that I am aware of these issues, I have amended my adverts and reduced my price which is now below the SSVC valuation.
My bus is a Model 224 Microbus, consequently many of the above posts are now technically incorrect, irrelevant and detrimental.
As a new member to the VW scene I would have appreciated some help and advice rather than suddenly finding derrogatory comments being posted across the worldwide web about myself and my bus.
It is available for anyone to view and inspect and I am open to sensible offers.
Sounds fair enough to me. Doesn't seem to have realised what he was buying and what had been done to it and doesn't seem like he's trying to hide anything and it must be a right bummer to suddenly see your ride slagged down on t'web. I know I'd be gutted. Then spitting chips and biting peoples heads off for slagging me and my ride.
You gotta feel for the guy, sounds like he probably got done up the ronson when he bought it.
Shalom, Lee
"...scum is scum wherever you go" D.C.I. Gene Hunt

0.018 reaction time:Empster July 2005 with a timing slip to prove it
Sooty wrote: You are a god Lee. :cheers:
toby72
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by toby72 »

I agree with lee Good luck with the sale

Toby
Sooty
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Sooty »

e m p i wrote:
dipstick wrote:I assume these comments relate to my 1957 Splitscreen. When I went to purchase it, as I had no knowledge of the complexities of these vehicles consequently I took the owner of Reichspeed with me and thought I was buying a Samba in good faith. Even when I had it valued nothing was mentioned about it not being a Samba! However, since advertising it I have only just found and read all of your comments. I have made further enquiries and can confirm the following :-

fitted.

Sounds fair enough to me. Doesn't seem to have realised what he was buying and what had been done to it and doesn't seem like he's trying to hide anything and it must be a right bummer to suddenly see your ride slagged down on t'web. I know I'd be gutted. Then spitting chips and biting peoples heads off for slagging me and my ride.
You gotta feel for the guy, sounds like he probably got done up the ronson when he bought it.
Shalom, Lee
Well said both of you.....
'NEVER SACRIFICE WHO YOU ARE JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH IT'

SPLITLESS...

The last 5 years! viewtopic.php?f=8&t=44037