1959 Patina Kombi

If you've a bus for sale this is the place for it!
When something has sold please mark it AS *** SOLD ***

Topic Author
Chud
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

1959 Patina Kombi

Post by Chud » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:47 pm

After a lot of thought I have decided to let my bus go, for me this bus is perfect and never I thought I’d see this day but I’ve set myself a deadline to finish my 912 project so something has to give. I have another non VW toy for sale as well so if that sells first then the bus stays and vice versa.

She spent most of her days in Oregon, USA and was shipped to Germany in early 2015. I made the trip to Germany to collect her on a recovery truck on August bank holiday 2016. She didn’t stop, go or do much else either but the sunburnt roof and patina/OG paint was just what I was after. There are still faded stickers from Oregon dated 1986 on the rear bumper – she has so much character.

At some point she has been on hydro’s so everything is notched to sit on the floor but is back static now on a Wagenswest 4” narrowed beam and 5” dropped spindles still running stock but refurbished brakes on the front and type 3 brakes on the rear with PCD adaptors back to wide 5 with a freeway flyer box and IRS setup.

The engine is built by Stef Rossi and is a 1915cc running on twin 36 DRLA Dellortos and CB hex linkage. Full flow oil system, remote oil filter and Mocal 19 row oil cooler located under cargo floor with thermostatic valve on the filter head so she warms up sufficiently. Exhaust is a vintage speed tucked system without heat exchangers and had the bottom cut off and made flat for more clearance.

Front and rear safari’s (front make unknown, rear is Wolfgang) and six OG pop outs on short latches with recent seals.
Door cards upholstered, front seat trimmed like a Chesterfield sofa with distressed leather.
Rear interior is home made, three quarter rock and roll bed and storage cubbyholes.

JL Audio 5 channel amp under bed feeding 2 JL Audio speakers in kick panel and Alpine 12” sub under buddy seat. Alpine head unit in the front feeding 2 JL audio speakers in front kick panels.

She is about as honest as a bus will get, its all on show to see, solid gutters, front cab floor could do with tidying up but not because of rot, just had some ghetto patches done in the past, cargo floor is solid but covered by 12mm ply and laminate flooring. Inner offside dogleg is corroded but never bothered me - the only thing i'd do is get the hole in the dash repaired from where it looks like someone tried to install a widescreen tv.
She is very low, but drives very well and the engine pulls strongly. I regularly go camping with my four kids and fully loaded with them, their kit and the roofrack/rooftent she still cruises happily and runs cool. Did Ninove and Spa with no issues.

No low ballers please, this isn’t a life or death situation and I’m not about to lose my house.

Any specific pictures required please contact me on whatsapp on +447801409058.

Bus available for viewing in North Dorset.

PX for early aircooled considered, cash my way

£34500

Roofrack and roof tent not included.

'59 11 window 'Queenie'
'80 Mazda RX7

Jaisimpson

Re: 1959 Patina Kombi

Post by Jaisimpson » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:05 pm

epic bus
1968 deluxe bay Montana red
1959 beetle ceramic green

Topic Author
Chud
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Chud » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:29 pm

Will accept £29995 WITHOUT the engine and oil setup.
'59 11 window 'Queenie'
'80 Mazda RX7

Topic Author
Chud
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Chud » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:55 am

Engine swapped for 1600TP

£28500 ono
'59 11 window 'Queenie'
'80 Mazda RX7