1958 Dove Blue. NO LONGER AVAILABLE

If you've a bus for sale this is the place for it!
When something has sold please mark it AS *** SOLD ***

Topic Author
ChrisH

1958 Dove Blue. NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Post by ChrisH » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:34 pm

Hi guys, here is my 1958, Dove Blue, pressed bumper Kombi. Originally built on the 12th February this bus was delivered to Toronto, Canada on the 12th March 1958 and I have the Birth Certificate that shows this. The bus remained in Canada until it was imported into the UK in September 2016. Sadly I do not know the history of the bus whilst in Canada but I am guessing that the bus must have stood abandoned for a fair amount of time on either waste ground or in woodland as both the nose and rear hatch have bullet holes / bullet dents where I assume hunters took the opportunity to take a few practise shots. I bought the bus in March 2017 and since then the following work has been completed. Cargo floor edges ( both sides) inner and outer sill on both the long and short sides, passenger side rear corner and battery tray, long side panel supports,new out riggers and jacking points (both sides) new engine lid hinge panel ( inner and outer ) rear shelf cross member, new rear valence panel, new cab floor edges were also installed before I bought the bus and to be honest I think that a complete new floor should be fitted as this small section lets the rest of the bus down. With the exception of the cab floor there is only a small amount of corrosion on the lower inner part of the passenger door and bottoms of the cargo doors ( inner section only ) this corrosion does not affect the outer door skin, the rest of the bus is super solid.

The lower front nose is awesome as are the rain gutters. Included in the sale is a set of x 5 15”bus wheels as were originally fitted on this bus. A 1600 twin port engine is included in the sale that is needing a few ancillary items ( Alternator, Fuel Pump, Distributor etc) a straight axle kit is also included in the sale. This includes an AO code gearbox (needs a clutch cross shaft) machined hubs, brake components, cables, shafts etc. I also have the cab door tops with cab door glass, rear glass and some fixed side glass pieces also. The front bench seat frame is also present but this needs a fair bit of love but looking at what they cost would be worth the time to refurbish.

So what does it need, well a wiring loom, an interior, various cables and suspension parts, cab door handles, some glass, a rear bumper and bumper brackets etc etc but looking at how solid the bus now is anyone who is decent with mechanics or has a bunch of mates who know VWs could have the bus on the road for the spring time. This is a genuine bus and I have the engine tag / ID tag and also the Vehicle Registration Certificate from Canada and also the Birth Certificate from the VW AutoMuseum showing that all the numbers on the tags and paperwork match. All the Customs paperwork is present and shows that no VAT or Duty are owed on the vehicle. This is a nice early project bus that can be finished how you want with a ton of the hard work completed.

I will be happy to put the bus on tyres that hold air to enable the movement / loading of the bus after a sale is agreed.

I encourage anyone interested to jump in the car and come and see it for yourself, you will not have a wasted day if you are genuinely looking for a good solid early project.

Thanks for taking the time to look.
Last edited by ChrisH on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

frilly

Re: 1958 Dove Blue, 11 window Kombi (unfinished project)

Post by frilly » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:51 pm

super nice bus my friend , good luck with the sale!

Topic Author
ChrisH

Post by ChrisH » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:18 am

Thanks for looking.
Last edited by ChrisH on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

weilbros56

Post by weilbros56 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:02 pm

Hello Chris,
I am interested in your bus.
My questions,
Are all parts available?
Can you do everything in the bus?
Can we negotiate about the price?
do you have Whatsapp?
Please give me your phone number,
Thank you Lilli

Topic Author
ChrisH

Post by ChrisH » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi Lilli

Thanks for your enquiry, I have just sent you a PM.

Regards Chris.

animal
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by animal » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:19 pm

Hi Chris - dropped you a PM

Topic Author
ChrisH

Post by ChrisH » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:45 pm

Can you send the PM again animal, it never reached me.

Cheers Chris
Last edited by ChrisH on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stokebloke46

Re: 1958 Dove Blue, 11 window Kombi (unfinished project) PENDING

Post by Stokebloke46 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi
Is this still for sale ??
Cheers