Pearl White OG paint SO42 walk through poptop

If you've a bus for sale this is the place for it!
When something has sold please mark it AS *** SOLD ***

Topic Author
sparkyjohn
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Pearl White OG paint SO42 walk through poptop

Post by sparkyjohn » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:46 pm

My August’66 O.G. paint, Pearl White, Pop top – walk through SO 42, stock.

I shipped the bus from Montgomery Alabama to the UK approximately 3 years ago.
The previous owner was a military man and I understand he drove the bus down to Montgomery Alabama from Nebraska. The bus according to him was originally from California, then, spent time in Missouri which is where he bought it.
When I got it, it needed some rust repair as the pop top was missing and water had rotted out a section of the cargo floor and sill by the cargo doors and the bottoms of the cargo doors. Other rust was in the cab floor quarters and the battery trays, but other than a few other minor bits the bus was solid, and most importantly O.G. Paint.
I took the bus to Paul at Irv’s Restorations where he did the requisite repairs and paint blends to his usual very high standard. The bus retains about 90% original paint, with the blends only done where necessary. The paint is very strong, so I asked Paul to do a light polish on it to give it a mild shine.
When I got the bus back I went through all of the mechanicals, the gearbox was fitted with new gators, mounts, shift bushes and had an oil change.
The motor was given a full service, fitted with a new carb, fuel lines and filter, new fresh air hoses and tuned. The motor is a ‘D’ code but is believed to have 1500 barrels and pistons. (The firetech extinguisher is not part of the sale)
The brakes were bled and adjusted, the beam greased and a pedal pan fitted.
All of the electrics work as they should. I fitted RHD lenses with halogen lamps and converted the rear lights to have separate indicators without cutting the loom.
The bus came to me with the complete camping kit in pretty good condition, but only loosely installed. I made all new side and roof panels from birch ply, (fully insulated with celotex – it doesn’t hold moisture) then repaired all of the original SO 42 kit where it was needed. I managed to source almost all original parts that were needed so the kit is now pretty much complete and fully functional, apart from curtains and the water faucet has stopped working.
I sourced a replacement pop-top as the original was missing, had it professionally painted and fitted a new canvas.
The cab has new Salt and Pepper seat covers from TMI, new door cards from Clara, O.G. overhead panels, O.G. kick panels, correct cab floor mat and walk through mat.
The child’s cot is in great shape and working (although I don’t have the sock)
All of the glass is correct including Sekurit front screens.
The wheels are OG paint 14” fitted with 215/75/14 white band tyres (5 off).
All of the locks work on one key (original witte).
I fitted a repro Westy rack and fitted stainless hardware.
The only modifications are a Butty’s bits throttle pedal kit and cable roller, otherwise it’s bone stock.
The bus has been fully rust proofed with waxoyle inside and out.
I have a folder of history with the bus and the birth certificate.
The only bits to do - the pop top seal really needs to be replaced, the motor is a little smoky on start up if it's been standing a while but otherwise ok, and the water faucet doesn’t pump.

What else to say, well it’s a jump in and go bus. I wanted to preserve the bus and the camping kit and retain its originallity.
We have had plenty of camping weekends with it, it’s a pleasure to drive and a perfectly usable camper.
Sadly for us it’s too small for a growing family which is why I’m selling it.
I will put 12 months MOT on it for the buyer, I can send more photos if you want them, (PM me your email address).
If you’re genuinely interested then best to see it in the flesh.
Happy to help with overseas buyers.
The bus is located in Bristol, U.K.

£35000
Attachments
IMG_7059.JPG
IMG_7047.JPG
IMG_6259.JPG
IMG_3695.JPG
IMG_3693.JPG

Topic Author
sparkyjohn
SSVC Member