Bespoke interior

For all those other conversions, including homemades and one-offs.

Topic Author
JonnyCJ
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Bespoke interior

Post by JonnyCJ » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:08 pm

As my bus didn't come with an interior I had the luxury of designing something for me, the wife and CJ Jnr. It had to be practical, good looking and functional.

Ended up with this, which incorporates a full RnR bed as well as flip down buddy seat for two (seats 6 round the table !), built in shower spray head, gas bottle and water storage, table storage, double burner gas stove storage and pop up shelf on the door, USB connections, 240v sockets for hook ups, petrol Eberspacher heater, led lights above the bed area as well as standard lights and space for fire extinguisher.

All the hard work was done by Stew at Vipertech who is fastidious about getting things done correctly and he interpreted what I wanted much better than I could have imagined. He's recently completed his own 65 and you can get hold of him here https://en-gb.facebook.com/Viper-Tech-C ... 748581073/

Proof of it working will be when we actually camp in it for the first time !
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

lids_2001
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Bespoke interior

Post by lids_2001 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:27 am

Looks very nice, also sounds very practical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tourist exchange with optional extra of a rubber mat!

jackricha
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by jackricha » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:19 am

Looks great!
I have a few questions if you don't mind..
When you lift the R and R bed into position, I guess it must be high enough to miss the small seat above the pulg sockets?
The table that you have , do you just store it somewhere when the bed is out?
Also, with the back cupboards, i assume that you have just decide to lose a little bit of headspace as the middle part of the bed is wider than the top?
Just about to build mine with the help of a friend.
Thanks
Jack

Topic Author
JonnyCJ
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by JonnyCJ » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:52 pm

The cushion on the small side unit lifts off and the rnr bed sits just over it when fully extended. There's a couple of inches spare between the rnr bed when extended and the upstand on the side unit.

The table hangs under the overhead locker and sits in sliding channels.

There is a little bit of headroom sacrificed, but your shoulders are the widest part of your body (hopefully !) so it's not an issue. You can always sleep with your feet at that end.

The cupboard facing out is quite shallow and houses a shower head and storage, as well as the feed from the gas bottle. The cooker sits on the shelf.

Two gas bottles are stored in the side unit, although one is tucked under the tall bit of the unit against the bulkhead. The hose for the gas bottles runs behind the bulkhead units.

The side unit has a firewall and the lower section of the unit (under the removable seat cushion) houses the fusebox for the 240v hookup as well as the amp and crossovers for the speaker system.

Eberspacher heater is on the rear firewall under the rnr bed.

Hope that helps and good luck !

Jonny

jackricha
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by jackricha » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:52 pm

Thanks Jonny

Really helps

I'll let you know how I get on!

StefDS

Post by StefDS » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:41 am

Hi,

how do you like the camping in this set-up? Anything that you would change now?

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Topic Author
JonnyCJ
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by JonnyCJ » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi Stef - not actually slept in it yet ! It was however designed to be fully useable for me, Mrs CJ and Pirate CJ (nearly 4).

Waiting for decent ish weather before breaking our duck. May do a test sleep on the drive first !

boardman411
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by boardman411 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:12 am

Just reading through some post of interiors and this is basically how I want to charge the design of mine slightly, with the fold down seat behind the bulk head. I already have a 3/4 RnR bed with storage etc, but like the idea of additional seating... Need to remove my Cooker and Buddy seat first tho.