Dual circuit master cylinders and servos

If you're a fan or owner of this lesser known, but excellent conversion then welcome to your very own Forum

Topic Author
jon parker

Dual circuit master cylinders and servos

Post by jon parker » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:06 am

Hope no one minds me starting a fresh thread I don't think there is anything current.

My 1964 bus has always pulled to the left when braking, many piecemeal attempts have failed to find the cause (replacing slaves mostly). I have decided to replace the master cylinder and all the pipes, not a bad thing to do anyway. I am inclined to go dual circuit, but read that this might make fitting a servo at a later date more complicated. Anyone got any thoughts on this ?

Would it be better to stick with a standard (single circuit) to make life easier when adding the servo, perhaps I'll put in dual circuit and press harder !

Topic Author
jon parker

Re: Dual circuit master cylinders and servos

Post by jon parker » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:14 am

Just noticed VWjim's (2012) dual circuit servos amazing thread. Knew I'd see something. I'll check it out....looks like it's starting to add up...in many ways ! You thoughts still welcome.

vwJim
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by vwJim » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:46 pm

The single circuit is not a power consideration, it's a risk of brake loss.

Dual circuit just gives you that chance of stopping if one circuit empties.
Supplying quality in house designed items plus parts from SCAT, Kennedy Clutches, CB Performance & FIRETEC. Also fitting service including modifications & mechanical upgrades.

Topic Author
jon parker

Post by jon parker » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:50 pm

Thanks Jim (You're a legend !), Expect an order soon !