Chinese companies

Don't disrupt threads on the main boards - get it all out of your system here. Think of it as 'playtime'.

Topic Author
vwJim
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Chinese companies

Post by vwJim » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:14 am

Being SPAM'ed by chinese companies wanting to break patent & copyright law so they can produce cheap / inferior versions of UK & European made products.

You can all bugger off, i'm not interested!
Supplying quality in house designed items plus parts from SyncLink, Kennedy Clutches, & CB Performance. Also fitting service including modifications & mechanical upgrades.

mclarni
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Chinese companies

Post by mclarni » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:21 am

Ha ha,

They're pretty ruthless! I have seen blatant Chinese copy's of my company's weighers at exhibitions etc. Not a lot you can do as they're government aren't bothered about it at all. One of our customers bought one of these machines and it lasted 2 years before it was scrapped! (Our machines generally last 15-20 years before they're replaced) But it was that cheap that they weren't too bothered!

The Chinese will control the world at some point. It's not if, it's when!

Nick
VOTM August 2012 :)

THE MARMITE BUS

viewtopic.php?t=47958

Topic Author
vwJim
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by vwJim » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:38 am

Don't think I can put my favourite saying about chinese on this forum... ;-)

We're all at fault for buying their ...... It's hard not too as so much stuff is imported.
Supplying quality in house designed items plus parts from SyncLink, Kennedy Clutches, & CB Performance. Also fitting service including modifications & mechanical upgrades.

andy f
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by andy f » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:24 pm

When me and the wife were in Oz last year, all the tourist tat was made in China. Apparently the Chinese are the biggest tourist group in Oz these days and I found it quite amusing that all this tat is made in China, sold in tourist shops all over Oz, Purchased by the hoards of Chinese tourists and taken back home :lol:

Andy

Magic8Ball
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Magic8Ball » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:10 pm

andy f wrote:When me and the wife were in Oz last year, all the tourist tat was made in China. Apparently the Chinese are the biggest tourist group in Oz these days and I found it quite amusing that all this tat is made in China, sold in tourist shops all over Oz, Purchased by the hoards of Chinese tourists and taken back home :lol:

Andy

Quite right .....let em have their own crap back, probably why they tour the world so much, the crap they buy doesn't last long so they got to go on holiday again to buy more crap............its a vicious circle :wink:
Magic8Ball says - ask me a question
Genuine Oil Dripper
- SSC&FATTC Member
Rides
AIR COOLED - 59 Kombi, 60 KG, 61 BUG, Chateau Mobile Trailer Tent.
WATER COOLED - 2016 Golf 1.0 Full Bluemotion with 7Speed DSG - Reflex Silver

Marvelwear
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Marvelwear » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:02 pm

I dont remember " made in Japan" being as poor quality for such a long time:-)But they uused to copy jag engines when they were decent the 1st time.
[img]http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo27 ... 902021.jpg[/img] 63 CKD Australian type2t1b School clothing bus from Melbourne called"Marvin"

lowbug
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by lowbug » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:37 pm

When companies sell to me I say - Where is it made... UK? You got the deal.. :D

Where ever I can I buy UK made, Then European and USA / Commonwealth. Last resort is Chinese.. :D

(oVo) 1968 Beetle - lowbug
|o\º/o| 1967 Cali Kombi Bus
|o\º/o| 1955 Swedish Barndoor Standard 23A M33

susta
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by susta » Mon May 19, 2014 6:07 pm

nearly all your domestic appliances are now made in China, think De Longhi? Kenwood and many more

matt d

Post by matt d » Mon May 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Just bought a very rusty and very old elliott progress bench drill. I'm spending hours de-rusting and repainting it. The Chinese can't copy one of those and I'm not getting shafted with a new Chinese thing.

Up yours wops :cheers: