Faulty parts

Don't disrupt threads on the main boards - get it all out of your system here. Think of it as 'playtime'.

Topic Author
ziggy
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Faulty parts

Post by ziggy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:16 am

Just what is it with parts being faulty ?

From one order I had a faulty VDO head temp gauge/sender, faulty SVDA dizzy and a Pertronix electronic ignition which burnt out in 20 minutes.

Now whilst the supplier has been A1 and replaced or refunded its all the wasted time and effort, fitting and re-fitting that really gets on my goat. :x:

Ordered a T shirt at the weekend from Retro Classic Clothing, arrived today, not bad service your thinking, opened package, wrong colour :cry:

But dont give up just yet, Retro Classic Clothing are sending me one in the correct colour and have said to keep the other as an apology :cheers:

So bit of a b**ch and applause for a change :lol:

Marvelwear
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Faulty parts

Post by Marvelwear » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Brand new original webers, fitting kit etc...1 was black inside &1 float doesnt!took an age to find as it was hidden by the electronic ignition fault that was also brand new.

Thought it was just me :cheers:
[img]http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo27 ... 902021.jpg[/img] 63 CKD Australian type2t1b School clothing bus from Melbourne called"Marvin"

BusBug&KG
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by BusBug&KG » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:19 pm

ziggy wrote:Just what is it with parts being faulty ?

From one order I had a faulty VDO head temp gauge/sender, faulty SVDA dizzy and a Pertronix electronic ignition which burnt out in 20 minutes.

Now whilst the supplier has been A1 and replaced or refunded its all the wasted time and effort, fitting and re-fitting that really gets on my goat. :x:

Ordered a T shirt at the weekend from Retro Classic Clothing, arrived today, not bad service your thinking, opened package, wrong colour :cry:

But dont give up just yet, Retro Classic Clothing are sending me one in the correct colour and have said to keep the other as an apology :cheers:

Two t shirts now then lime green and pink :wink:
Tony C

Topic Author
ziggy
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by ziggy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:40 pm

BusBug&KG wrote:
ziggy wrote:Just what is it with parts being faulty ?

Two t shirts now then lime green and pink :wink:
Tony C
Lime green, how dare you :lol:

Dr Grub
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Dr Grub » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Rotor arm that lasted one turn of the key, brake light switch 24 hours and a quarter light catch approximately 15 seconds.

All promised to be quality parts suitably priced to match!

Dr G :wink:
1967 SO42 Split Bus "Morrison" - Arizona

Suspension up in the clouds and proud

BJ1
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by BJ1 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Dr Grub wrote:Rotor arm that lasted one turn of the key, brake light switch 24 hours and a quarter light catch approximately 15 seconds.

All promised to be quality parts suitably priced to match!

Dr G :wink:
Ah yes - the exploding quarter light catches held together by 1mm of muck metal. Sold as German quality - that'll be the German colony of Taiwan then :roll:

Couldn't agree more about wasting fitting time. I replaced the ball joint covers on our bay Westy last year. Just failed MoT as all 4 are split - so I phone the supplier who say " it's over 12 months and we only guarantee them for a year". Time to oil up the baseball bat :twisted:

I now buy all ball joint covers from a proper company called Mecatech - they supply truck companies who are not noted for their pacific nature, so the quality is excellent.
1966 Westy in Velvet Green - being restored
1967 Devon from Devon still in Devon
1967 Sundial from Idaho
1971 Westfalia from LA
1971 patina Delux from Montana now living in Germany
1972 Devon now owned by No 1 son!