HAC AUTOS BODY REPAIRS - PERSHORE WORCHESTER (BEWARE)

Don't disrupt threads on the main boards - get it all out of your system here. Think of it as 'playtime'.

Topic Author
monkeywork69

HAC AUTOS BODY REPAIRS - PERSHORE WORCHESTER (BEWARE)

Post by monkeywork69 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:27 pm

The above company (if you can call them that) are currently selling campers on ebay and I am sure on a few more motor sites - under ebay pershore-body-repairs (22)

Below is what I encountered from them today - contacted about split screen currently on ebay with no reserve and a buy it now at £17,500 (over valued !!) - I can assure the current bidders, but cannot warn them (only you guys) that they will not sell the bus unless they get £16,000 - 17,500 so are time wasters

We arranged to view the bus via text today and drove to their garage for 2 hours - when arrived splitty was outside (as he had put on ebay no tyre kickers) I stupidly assumed they were proffesional and after I had viewed the bus and asked the questions I want to ask (as I know what I am looking at) we could talk about a sensible cash offer for the bus at a sensible market value

I started at the engine - its states on ebay NEW I started to question is it recon (as it didn't look new to me) - I have a NEW engine in my bus - young lad advised yes so I politely asked if we should buy did he have a receipt / invoice and who in the VW world did they purchase it off of.......he didn't seem to have any answers - he disappeared and what appeared to be his father comes over shuts the engine lid tells me someones just bought it and its not for sale anymore - its still on ebay for 6 days ;) they also have what I think was supposed to be an aggresive dog (its not ;) lol) as you can imagine i was not happy at all and said i've driven 2 hours in agreement to view the van and his father states well you can drive two hours back......I obviously exchanged a few choice words which I need not repeat on here, but my feel is they are cowboys and time wasters unless you wanna part with a lot more cash than you should be

I also viewed in the garage many other camper shells.........a bit of a production line....

They are time wasters and to me seem to be not the greatest restoration company (in fact i'd say they bodge and sell for a massive profit and not at a sensible market value - they state no tyre kickers, but thats exactly what they want people who dont know what they're looking at / people that just want a campervan and pay what they ask)

I just felt the need to warn people - by all means pay a litttle extra, but to polite companies who are doing a brillant service out there (making an honest profit) and backing up their work with a guarentee if bodywork, etc

Cheers Lisa

vwJim
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Re: HAC AUTOS BODY REPAIRS - PERSHORE WORCHESTER (BEWARE)

Post by vwJim » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:52 pm

I've failed to find anything on ebay for that company name?
Supplying quality in house designed items plus parts from SyncLink, Kennedy Clutches, & CB Performance. Also fitting service including modifications & mechanical upgrades.

miles

Post by miles » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Canterbury Pitt Interior Instructions are here:
http://chocksaway.com/pitt/index.html

paul_f
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by paul_f » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:30 pm

maddison
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by maddison » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:32 pm

To be fair. The ad does say he will be holding out for his asking price
Seems you bitching cos he wasn't some slick used car show room with fake smiles

And perhaps the ads gone cos it's sold 8O

Who knows ?

tudor rose bugger

Post by tudor rose bugger » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:10 am

And judging by the add the new engine would now be 2-3 year old so wouldn't look new now

Seems a good price for a split on the road to me