Herts Insurance - DO NOT USE

Don't disrupt threads on the main boards - get it all out of your system here. Think of it as 'playtime'.

Topic Author
splitscreenbaumann

Herts Insurance - DO NOT USE

Post by splitscreenbaumann » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:48 pm

Well it says for pointless bitching post it here, so i am going to. Hopefully someone will heed my warning and not use them which means i will have saved someone some money and stress.

This company i have to say is Dick Turpin in the form of an insurance company.

I got an insurance for my camper from these guys costing £237, paying monthly about £25. Used for 3 months then sold my camper, of which i expected a cancellation fee. I did not expect a £98 bill and a letter from a debit recovery agency then charging £125!!!

When i spoke to them about it trying to understand the charges the just baffled me with numbers, explaining they were a broker and i had a credit agreement which was outstanding, hence the charges, i still did not understand but i was getting nowhere with the lady on the phone and she start to get irate as i did not understand, sorry that i do not have a math degree!!!

Anyway do not use this shower and if anyone wants to post off the back of this with any recommendations for the future i would welcome to hear a company who is fair and reasonable. Equally if anyone else has had a bad experience be my guest and start bitching on the back of this all you like.

Robbing gets :roll: :knob: :banghead:

vwJim
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Re: Herts Insurance - DO NOT USE

Post by vwJim » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:43 pm

Did you actually inform them the stop the policy? Or did you just cancel the payments?

Seems strange the debt recovery was activated.
Supplying quality in house designed items plus parts from SCAT, Kennedy Clutches, CB Performance & FIRETEC. Also fitting service including modifications & mechanical upgrades.

Topic Author
splitscreenbaumann

Post by splitscreenbaumann » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:01 pm

I informed them to cancel the policy did not even stop the direct debit. Service was terrible.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

vwJim
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by vwJim » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:45 pm

That's terrible then.

Have you complained to the independent regulators with a copy of the cancellation and costs afterwards?

Sounds like they failed in their system to cancel a policy.
Supplying quality in house designed items plus parts from SCAT, Kennedy Clutches, CB Performance & FIRETEC. Also fitting service including modifications & mechanical upgrades.