Why don't things just work like they should

Don't disrupt threads on the main boards - get it all out of your system here. Think of it as 'playtime'.

jonthebuilder

Re: Why don't things just work like they should

Post by jonthebuilder » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:25 pm

craig_rose wrote:
jonthebuilder wrote:Totally agree lee, my wife for example was sold to me as hardworking, clean, obedient, easy to maintain and easy to programme to follow simple instructions,....here we're 8 years on and she has failed to live up to the features she was advertised to have had....

..it's rip off Britain......
Lmao lmao lmao must've bought a similar model to the one I got 7 yrs ago :lol: :lol:
There must have been a duff batch produced around that time.....

Topic Author
e m p i

Post by e m p i » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:09 pm

jonthebuilder wrote:Totally agree lee, my wife for example was sold to me as hardworking, clean, obedient, easy to maintain and easy to programme to follow simple instructions,....here we're 8 years on and she has failed to live up to the features she was advertised to have had....

..it's rip off Britain......
:lol: :lol: :lol: I did ok on that score. I even managed to get a picture if mrs Empi in one of the vw mags a while ago of her sat in the hallway with a tube or autosol polishing the rims of my alloy wheels :cheers: I did let her have a go at masking them up for detailing but had to rip the tape off and do it again myself. Still, you can't have everything I guess :lol:

Update on the phone.......it's now working. Gave it back to my mate who called the provider who was supposed to have unlocked it and swore they had done so but when he went into one on the phone they sent the code again and bingo - up it popped. I suspect they hadn't sent it properly the first time.
Fresh with the success of that I might venture out into the garage tomorrow to see if the front suspension want play to play ball :lol:

Ps, sooty, can you send me a text as my old phone is dead and I can't get any numbers off it :roll:
"...scum is scum wherever you go" D.C.I. Gene Hunt

0.018 reaction time:Empster July 2005 with a timing slip to prove it
Sooty wrote: You are a god Lee. :cheers:

Menace

Post by Menace » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Has anyone mentioned "bolts straight on" :?:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

maddison wrote:SSVC should be how it is, real club for real enthusiasts, with a real forum of usable , storable data...to keep for all time

wmk168
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by wmk168 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Nothing bolts straight on in the VW world L.O.L :lol: :lol:

type21f
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by type21f » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 am

I like the advert that says "Does what it says on the tin"
I must buy the wrong tins...
I do not get the ones that say...."Sets solid or Goes lumpy or seperates out and will not dry"
But to be fair I do not that type any more I buy the type that does not say that ... Instead I buy the type that has no warnings and then you know it is unspoken that.....
ANY THING CAN HAPPEN ONCE THE LID IS OFF and it often does, so I am not disappointed.

Oh and by the way I showed Mrs type21f the picture of Mrs markp up the tree with the chainsaw ..... and she replied you are always asking me where your tools are... After 40 years I would have thought she would have known where my tools were....she says I am always playing with them...Like i was fondling my favourite toys.
I showed her Mrs empi polishing the wheels and she went and fetched the metal polish and lined up all the brass copper and silver for me to polish and then she would polish my non existent alloy wheels....
1965 Type21f
Westfalia Hamburg Type155i 003 viewtopic.php?f=8&t=64012
1965 Devon Caravette, L360 L289 Hammock, Tent, M W Pop
Peebles 1964 Devon Caravette Gentlux Pop