The scene

Don't disrupt threads on the main boards - get it all out of your system here. Think of it as 'playtime'.

Topic Author
Archie3781
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: The scene

Post by Archie3781 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:15 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you, and FUCCCCKKKKKKK, how did I miss that? That's more like it, really refreshing, genuine VW born and bred peeps, hanging out, beautiful cars, simply stunning.
Much respect to all.
Next year.
Seriously kicking myself, especially as my pal went as well.......

ColinsMrs

Post by ColinsMrs » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:04 pm

The vans, the beer and the friends that's what its all about, I hate the pedallers trying to force us into buying/wearing/using what should be cool on the scene!! That is all!
Living dangerously in the fast lane ........ with Mr Colin

Topic Author
Archie3781
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Archie3781 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:28 am

Here's another gripe, in the recent months I've been scouring shows, websites, forums, buying bits n pieces, as we do....
Met this old boy at a recent show, possibly field of dreams in York, The old boy who spoke with me for ages about his rebuilt 64/65 can remember tbh, but seemed nice enough, then when I spotted some bits I wanted, only a cargo door lock and some dashboard knobs, convinced me they were all working ok, only to find out after arriving home, the lock couldn't have been more crap and jammed solid, and the threads the wrong size on the knobs ... Annoying or what...
Just be honest, only cost me about £25 but not the point....
I sold the lock as scrap for £5, people appreciated the honesty.

Menace

Post by Menace » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:48 pm

Menace wrote:Tell me about it, I've just bought 2 engines & a gearbox from people in "the scene" ALL 3 items have issues NOT described by the sellers :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :twisted:
Infact I've seen my arse now :roll: Gearbox has had £130 on bearings & still needs at least another £275 on brake parts to complete the job :evil: :twisted: Never mind all the hours it's taken :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Drum to drum complete I was told, gotta :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: or I'll :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

There WILL be murder if this box has any issues once fitted :violent3:

maddison wrote:SSVC should be how it is, real club for real enthusiasts, with a real forum of usable , storable data...to keep for all time

Choc
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Choc » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:14 pm

Menace wrote:
Menace wrote:Tell me about it, I've just bought 2 engines & a gearbox from people in "the scene" ALL 3 items have issues NOT described by the sellers :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :twisted:
Infact I've seen my arse now :roll: Gearbox has had £130 on bearings & still needs at least another £275 on brake parts to complete the job :evil: :twisted: Never mind all the hours it's taken :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Drum to drum complete I was told, gotta :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: or I'll :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

There WILL be murder if this box has any issues once fitted :violent3:
You seam to have issues with stuff bought from 'The Scene'. :oops: :wink:

Topic Author
Archie3781
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Archie3781 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:40 am

Here's one, you have something for sale, you advertise it for said price, someone offers you half the price you've posted for half of the items.....
Sounds reasonable I thought....
Nope, got asked for nearly 85% of original asking price for two, for just one!
Go figure.!
I thought karma was my friend I'm always doing people favours, giving away stuff for free even, scenes definitely changed.

johnny k

Post by johnny k » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:39 pm

What gets my goat is swearing on the family forum. Some people should know better.

whizz

Post by whizz » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Just seen the DTA cool video. When is the next one?