Well done Jarv on a 13 sec run at action!

A place for BWA'ers, wannabee's or just those with a 'passing' interest in straight line speed. (You see what we did there?)
You're gonna like us :-)
User avatar

gazmate
Registered user
Posts: 462
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: hastings england
Contact:

Re: Well done Jarv on a 13 sec run at action!

Post by gazmate » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:24 am

Well done Phil


see you for das drag day
OOOPSEY the DR Pepper Bus
Image

Click Here To Look At The Dubnuts Forum

User avatar

JARV
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:51 pm
Location: Tong, Shropshire

Re: Well done Jarv on a 13 sec run at action!

Post by JARV » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Thanks for all the comments everyone, I've only just seen this thread tonight so apologies for not responding sooner.

Good news is I did an even better time at DAS Drag Day managing a 13.747 ! :cheers: This is an amazing weekend and I think we should try and get a larger BWA contingent there next year.
JARV

Image

NEW PB DAS Drag Day 2011- 13.747 secs

User avatar

HOTROD
Registered user
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:13 pm

Re: Well done Jarv on a 13 sec run at action!

Post by HOTROD » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm

well done mate :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

User avatar

JARV
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:51 pm
Location: Tong, Shropshire

Re: Well done Jarv on a 13 sec run at action!

Post by JARV » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:52 am

HOTROD wrote:well done mate :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Thanks Frank, Big Bang should be very competitive next year...... :D
JARV

Image

NEW PB DAS Drag Day 2011- 13.747 secs

User avatar

gazmate
Registered user
Posts: 462
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: hastings england
Contact:

Re: Well done Jarv on a 13 sec run at action!

Post by gazmate » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:23 am

JARV wrote:Big Bang should be very competitive next year...... :D
Will be some close heads up racing if everyone can make bigbang, I know Pascal in the wind split said he is going to try and make it.

Would be good to see Shaun in his turbo bus running again, just love his bus.
OOOPSEY the DR Pepper Bus
Image

Click Here To Look At The Dubnuts Forum

User avatar

Topic Author
orb
Registered user
Posts: 2474
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Kingston upon Thames

Re: Well done Jarv on a 13 sec run at action!

Post by orb » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:20 pm

gazmate wrote:
JARV wrote:Big Bang should be very competitive next year...... :D
Will be some close heads up racing if everyone can make bigbang, I know Pascal in the wind split said he is going to try and make it.

Would be good to see Shaun in his turbo bus running again, just love his bus.

I saw Shaun at the weekend and he's not feeling the love for his bus at the moment, it's sat in the back of the garage gathering dust. Hope he finds it again, I too would love to see it run in anger again :wink:

Well done on the new PB Phil, 12's at Big Bang? :wink:

Orb
Image

My Bus - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7deu8L0ra4
PB 15.126 @ 83.26 mph EBI 2015

User avatar

JARV
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:51 pm
Location: Tong, Shropshire

Re: Well done Jarv on a 13 sec run at action!

Post by JARV » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:32 pm

12's? - I would love to run a 12 but somehow I don't think so.

Gazmate is the one to watch next year, he's up to something in his garage in deepest West Sussex..... he wouldn't let me look in there when I was there on the way to DAS so must be something going on in the bat cave! :D :D
JARV

Image

NEW PB DAS Drag Day 2011- 13.747 secs

User avatar

tufty65
Registered user
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: Taunton, cider capital

Re: Well done Jarv on a 13 sec run at action!

Post by tufty65 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Fastest in this country well done !!
OFF 35
Et 12.64@106.25
http://www.offdrc.co.uk/

User avatar

gazmate
Registered user
Posts: 462
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: hastings england
Contact:

Re: Well done Jarv on a 13 sec run at action!

Post by gazmate » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:17 pm

JARV wrote:12's? - I would love to run a 12 but somehow I don't think so.

Gazmate is the one to watch next year, he's up to something in his garage in deepest West Sussex..... he wouldn't let me look in there when I was there on the way to DAS so must be something going on in the bat cave! :D :D

Nothing at the moment Mr jarvis, just putting back together better than before.
Sorting out fueling better like regulator and gauge, wondering about ignition and dizzzy and if its worth upgrading the mallory dizzy to a MSD 6al system, all the basic bits at the moment.

maybe need a big bang 2012 thread?
OOOPSEY the DR Pepper Bus
Image

Click Here To Look At The Dubnuts Forum

User avatar

Topic Author
orb
Registered user
Posts: 2474
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Kingston upon Thames

Re: Well done Jarv on a 13 sec run at action!

Post by orb » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:33 pm

gazmate wrote:
JARV wrote:12's? - I would love to run a 12 but somehow I don't think so.

Gazmate is the one to watch next year, he's up to something in his garage in deepest West Sussex..... he wouldn't let me look in there when I was there on the way to DAS so must be something going on in the bat cave! :D :D

Nothing at the moment Mr jarvis, just putting back together better than before.
Sorting out fueling better like regulator and gauge, wondering about ignition and dizzzy and if its worth upgrading the mallory dizzy to a MSD 6al system, all the basic bits at the moment.

maybe need a big bang 2012 thread?
Dizzy yes, MSD not so sure. I had one and now I don't and to be honest apart from the rev limiter I couldn't really tell the difference, but if you want to go down that route then I have one for sale :wink:

I'd look at the CB billet dizzy, programable and a fair bit cheaper than a mallory. I'm using the petronix billet and it's not given me any problems, heard that the 123 ones are good too (not that the mallory one isn't I just think there are cheaper options that do the job just as well)

Can't wait to see you're engine, you're gonna love the way the power comes in with the 86c :wink:

Orb
Image

My Bus - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7deu8L0ra4
PB 15.126 @ 83.26 mph EBI 2015


shawn
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:49 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Well done Jarv on a 13 sec run at action!

Post by shawn » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:14 pm

Well done Phil, nice run :wink:
With a bit of ribbing from mates i've got the enthusiasm back (has nothing to do with my mex being off the road for more hp :wink: ) with great help from Paul (f) i've just purchased a wide band kit to make tuning far more easy and give me some mpg figures that means I don't have to go out to work to afford the fuel bill :lol: crank fire and maybe better injectors should at least see it running far sweeter than it ever has. I can live with 323bhp if it doesn't make any more :wink:
Roll on big bang lads, :drunken:
RHD '63 13 window deluxe
1989 BMW E30 M3

User avatar

Topic Author
orb
Registered user
Posts: 2474
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Kingston upon Thames

Re: Well done Jarv on a 13 sec run at action!

Post by orb » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:20 pm

:cheers: YaaY. The love is back :cheers:

Orb :wink:
Image

My Bus - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7deu8L0ra4
PB 15.126 @ 83.26 mph EBI 2015

User avatar

jukka
Registered user
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:36 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

Re: Well done Jarv on a 13 sec run at action!

Post by jukka » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:45 am

Respect!

I know what it takes...

-Jukka
BWA member 13,622 sec

Post Reply