Any new members from Big Bang?

A place for BWA'ers, wannabee's or just those with a 'passing' interest in straight line speed. (You see what we did there?)
You're gonna like us :-)

Topic Author
orb

Any new members from Big Bang?

Post by orb » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:25 pm

So did we recruit any new members at Big Bang?
I saw my old BWA engine in it's new home and saw it run a couple of low 18's but not sure if Steve dipped under - well did ya Steve?

I ran a new PB of 15.8 which I was chuffed with (Thanks RACESHACK) - I now think it has a 14 in her so can't wait to get to Shakey without a headwind :wink:

Here's the run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7deu8L0ra4

Orb

My Bus - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7deu8L0ra4
PB 15.126 @ 83.26 mph EBI 2015

richierich37
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Any new members from Big Bang?

Post by richierich37 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:30 pm

tried and failed 18.69, bus ran like a bag o chite! :evil: ( thanx! )

paul has offered to have my bus back at the type two detectives to sort all my issues, very kind of him! 8) :D :D :D :D

should have let him have it last month but we live n learn........................eh? :clown:

congrats on yer new pb, superb stuff! sounded great too. :wink:

RICHIE C
SBS UK #37
P.B. 16.88 @ 77.1MPH
http://www.steeringboxscrapers.net/

vwJim
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by vwJim » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:32 pm

Can't you find anyone further away!!! That's one hell of a trip for a service...
Supplying quality in house designed items plus parts from SyncLink, Kennedy Clutches, & CB Performance. Also fitting service including modifications & mechanical upgrades.

richierich37
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by richierich37 » Fri May 01, 2009 5:45 am

vwjim wrote:Can't you find anyone further away!!! That's one hell of a trip for a service...
:lol: aye aye.........................a service, as they built my bus i want them to check it out!..........................

maybe get some new goodies too! :wink: 8)

no new members then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

RICHIE C
SBS UK #37
P.B. 16.88 @ 77.1MPH
http://www.steeringboxscrapers.net/

Scotty
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Scotty » Fri May 01, 2009 7:49 am

Steveo ran a 15.5 & 15.7

Julian Hunt
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Julian Hunt » Fri May 01, 2009 2:25 pm

I hope we did get some new members, I definately saw a couple of quick buses running, one Orange and I think a light blue one too.... I've not herd from any one yet for website updates.

So far we have one new member for 2009, the Wheelerdealer boys, straight in with a 12... no messin!!

Well done also to Orb with his 15.8, good luck with the 14!

shawn
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by shawn » Fri May 01, 2009 9:34 pm

I got a couple of low 15's and a 14.87 last weekend, roof racks on, still wound down on minimum boost and full weight. There was a horrible headwind too on Saturday. It was my first ever attempt at the quarter mile and watching the videos of it I did some really slow takeoffs :oops: I mailed you Jules through the BWA site a day or so ago. Rikki checked my slip and gave me my wings :wink:
At Bug Jam i'll have no roofracks and an empty interior, I'll also have some balls to wind the boost up from minimum finally and hope for some 12-13 second runs :)
RHD '63 13 window deluxe
1989 BMW E30 M3

Topic Author
orb

Post by orb » Sat May 02, 2009 8:37 am

shawn wrote:I got a couple of low 15's and a 14.87 last weekend, roof racks on, still wound down on minimum boost and full weight. There was a horrible headwind too on Saturday. It was my first ever attempt at the quarter mile and watching the videos of it I did some really slow takeoffs :oops: I mailed you Jules through the BWA site a day or so ago. Rikki checked my slip and gave me my wings :wink:
At Bug Jam i'll have no roofracks and an empty interior, I'll also have some balls to wind the boost up from minimum finally and hope for some 12-13 second runs :)
Bug Jam??? - seriously, can you wait that long :wink:

I might try and get to one of the RWYB days at Shakepeare prior to BJ or maybe North Weald - Be cool if we could get a few quick buses together to go and surprise some peeps :D

Orb

Julian Hunt
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Julian Hunt » Sat May 02, 2009 5:48 pm

shawn wrote: I mailed you Jules through the BWA site a day or so ago.
Congratulations Shawn, I did see you at Big Bang, your Bus looked awesome and a 14 with full trim & racks is awesome too... well done!!

I didn't see the mail you sent me, that doesn't mean I didn't get it though... may well have deleted it by accident with the ton of spam I get!!

I have PM'd you re. the BWA website, come back to me and we'll get your details up there!!

Cheers!
Jules

bugracer39

Post by bugracer39 » Sun May 03, 2009 8:33 pm

Hi Guys and Orb
Had a few goes and the best was 18.1 close but no coconut ha ho but there is bug jam and i will give it another go :cry:

Topic Author
orb

Post by orb » Tue May 05, 2009 12:05 pm

bugracer39 wrote:Hi Guys and Orb
Had a few goes and the best was 18.1 close but no coconut ha ho but there is bug jam and i will give it another go :cry:

Damn Steve - gutted for ya mate - you know it's in there, without that headwind you would have made it for sure :D

Look forward to seeing you're entry at Bug Jam

Orb

shawn
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by shawn » Thu May 07, 2009 12:54 pm

orb wrote:
shawn wrote:I got a couple of low 15's and a 14.87 last weekend, roof racks on, still wound down on minimum boost and full weight. There was a horrible headwind too on Saturday. It was my first ever attempt at the quarter mile and watching the videos of it I did some really slow takeoffs :oops: I mailed you Jules through the BWA site a day or so ago. Rikki checked my slip and gave me my wings :wink:
Bug Jam??? - seriously, can you wait that long :wink:

I might try and get to one of the RWYB days at Shakepeare prior to BJ or maybe North Weald - Be cool if we could get a few quick buses together to go and surprise some peeps :D

Orb
It's the best I can hope for. A few of us are off to Devon for a week in a day or so, in a month im in Cali for ten days so time is limited to work on the chargecooler although I was up the garage till nearly midnight on Tues 8O
RHD '63 13 window deluxe
1989 BMW E30 M3

paulbugman
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by paulbugman » Sat May 09, 2009 5:10 pm

sounds like bug jam will be good what with the outlaw flat four lot there .see you there shawn

shawn
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by shawn » Sat May 09, 2009 7:52 pm

paulbugman wrote:sounds like bug jam will be good what with the outlaw flat four lot there .see you there shawn
Cool :wink:
RHD '63 13 window deluxe
1989 BMW E30 M3