Big bang

A place for BWA'ers, wannabee's or just those with a 'passing' interest in straight line speed. (You see what we did there?)
You're gonna like us :-)

Topic Author
phil me up

Big bang

Post by phil me up » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:58 pm

Finally got the bus up together enough to run up the strip managed a 17.0934 probably would of got in the 16 's but there was a headwind was B84
#472 04/25/2015 11:43:53 on the timing slip

Topic Author
phil me up

Re: Big bang

Post by phil me up » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:35 pm

After 3 years of trying finally got the bus ready enough to try for membership 8O did 6 runs in total on the last 2 I turned up the boost on the turbo but had clutch slip :evil: over 5000rpm best run was my 3rd might of got in the 16's but there was a strong headwind. Might have another go at Bug Jam :twisted:

vwJim
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by vwJim » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:34 pm

What engine / turbo have you got?
Supplying quality in house designed items plus parts from SyncLink, Kennedy Clutches, & CB Performance. Also fitting service including modifications & mechanical upgrades.

Topic Author
phil me up

Post by phil me up » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:59 pm

One you recommended to me Jim, Richard Morena built it about 10 years ago I bought it from a air cooled garage in London who swapped it for a 1600cc normal engine splitty being used as a wedding limo 8O and gave it back to him for a refresh its got scat crank, CB performance turbo, heads, 2110cc deep sump usual stuff I put on a charge cooler, and trigger wheel ignition using a Ford coil and sensor & megajolt box. Also got a cogbox gearbox with super diff, side plate etc
Got to say its been a very expensive club to try and join :twisted:
Still got your steering kit on works well :D

vwJim
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by vwJim » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:40 pm

Why only 17`s? Have you had it on a rolling road?

My 1914cc did 15`s, I'd expect yours to be into the 14`s...

Are you going to be at Vic Fm or Stanford Hall?
Supplying quality in house designed items plus parts from SyncLink, Kennedy Clutches, & CB Performance. Also fitting service including modifications & mechanical upgrades.

Topic Author
phil me up

Post by phil me up » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:41 pm

no rolling road yet got a full camping interior heavy corian worktop wood floor rock & roll bed :roll: and I need to loose weight :wink:
Was going to Vicky farm but might have to work :evil: only revved it to 5500 and didn't launch too hard wanted to drive it home not sit in an AA lorry :lol: Cheers was happy to get under 18 seconds :?

vwJim
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by vwJim » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:27 pm

There must be loads more potential in that engine. I launch like a real girl, almost off idle as I don't want to break stuff on the start line, full oak interior, camping kit in there too. My power tops out at around 5200rpm, moderate boost levels.

The engine used to do 17's all day long, then remapped it, then dropped to 15's by gaining an extra 78bhp! I thought it was quick before, but it really woke up after the last remapping session.

Topic Author
phil me up

Post by phil me up » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:03 pm

Mines got the mega jolt box with the trigger wheel ignition, can you or anybody recommend where I can get it tuned South of England if possible, mine has Richard Morena's old small Switzer 3 turbo from CB performance He upgraded to a much bigger one and run a 14.77 but has fuel injection too

vwJim
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by vwJim » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:56 pm

Isn't it full EFI? Just the ignition then?

There's a website that lists loads of rolling roads, just phone around. There are loads of them hidden away too.