Dilemma - what would you do?

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.
Go Easy

Dilemma - what would you do?

Post by Go Easy »

I listed an interior for sale on here and had a lot of interest before agreeing a deal with someone after exchanging a few private messages. Deal agreed on November 10th, I sent over my bank details, he promised to sort a bank transfer first thing the following day.

Despite sending the buyer two messages I have had no responses and no money has been transferred. I'm old enough and wise enough to accept that there are some messers on the internet, what disappoints and surprises me most is the guy who agreed the deal with me is a highly respected and well known member of the forums and SSVC. To make matters worse I had other people interested in the interior contact me wishing to buy it shortly after the deal was struck and I told them it was sold.

Your thoughts and suggestions are welcomed guys

ziggy
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Dilemma - what would you do?

Post by ziggy »

Have they been active on the forums since you've been chasing them ? If not perhaps something has happened and there unable to return your calls/messages.

If they have been out and about I would try one last time, let them know it's going back up for sale if you don't hear back.

Sure there's a good reason for the radio silence.

Go Easy

Post by Go Easy »

ziggy wrote:Have they been active on the forums since you've been chasing them ? If not perhaps something has happened and there unable to return your calls/messages.

If they have been out and about I would try one last time, let them know it's going back up for sale if you don't hear back.

Sure there's a good reason for the radio silence.
He has been online at least twice since the 10th, I think after 13 days I have been patient enough for a response.

ziggy
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by ziggy »

Sounds like you've made up your mind

Go Easy

Post by Go Easy »

ziggy wrote:Sounds like you've made up your mind
I'm not sure what you mean, care to explain?

Marvelwear
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Marvelwear »

Post up on your ad response required from buyer within a set time and if not re list.
[img]http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo27 ... 902021.jpg[/img] 63 CKD Australian type2t1b School clothing bus from Melbourne called"Marvin"

Go Easy

Post by Go Easy »

Marvelwear wrote:Post up on your ad response required from buyer within a set time and if not re list.
That's an option but let's not forget I have turned away interested parties after the deal was done. I even went as far a turning down a higher offer to honour my side of the deal

RockStock

Post by RockStock »

the guy has had his chance. go to your next preferred potential buyer, and so on.
if the original buyer comes back, and the interior is still up for grabs, get him to send you a 50% deposit. Set a deadline for full payment.

Always ask for at least a deposit from any buyer.
StockRocks
SSSVC Membership applied for

Go Easy

Post by Go Easy »

RockStock wrote:Always ask for at least a deposit from any buyer.
It was agreed the balance in full was to be paid on the following morning

grant
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by grant »

The guy obviously doesn't want it so just relist it. What's the problem
Posh Scouse laa laa

beetleben

Post by beetleben »

I've had this sort of thing as a buyer. Advert was placed, I was the first to reply saying I'll have the item, let me know how to pay etc. No response. Replied to the advert again, still nothing. 2 pm's and to this day still no response even though they've been active on here after all that. Have to point out that they weren't a massive contributor to the ssvc.

They've broken the deal in not doing what was agreed. And if they've been active since your pm's then they've had their chance so relist

thesickness

Post by thesickness »

grant wrote:The guy obviously doesn't want it so just relist it. What's the problem
This

beetleben

Post by beetleben »

thesickness wrote:
grant wrote:The guy obviously doesn't want it so just relist it. What's the problem
This
:?:

twin slider

Post by twin slider »

beetleben wrote:
thesickness wrote:
This
:?:
surely common courtesy is to let the seller know hes changed his mind if thats the case!

split999
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by split999 »

Messers don't do common courtesy though.

He's had long enough, and opportunity to contact you.

Bring your ad back TTT and tell your next in line interested party you going to PM them because you've been let down and had no reply from the original prospective purchaser.
66 UK RHD 11
70 911 Coupé
59 NSU Prima III KL