Rusting hulk

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.

Topic Author
silverfox169
Registered user
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Rusting hulk

Post by silverfox169 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:51 pm

Just had my drop spindles done by Simon in Bristol, he has really made an excellent job of it and a good price as well,I would highly recommend him to any one , that's all !


matt d
Registered user
Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: South Devon.

Re: Rusting hulk

Post by matt d » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:45 pm

silverfox169 wrote:Just had my drop spindles done by Simon in Bristol, he has really made an excellent job of it and a good price as well,I would highly recommend him to any one , that's all !
Well said. :D
Image

User avatar

andy f
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 2106
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:45 am
Location: Sunny Gosport on the South Coast

Re: Rusting hulk

Post by andy f » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:40 am

Yep. he did my stock spindles a couple of years ago and has just done my steering box, Top bloke


Andy


sparkywig
Registered user
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: mostly here, sometimes there

Re: Rusting hulk

Post by sparkywig » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:18 am

Can someone let me have his contact details please?
I seem to have misplaced them.

User avatar

maria
Registered user
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: brizzle

Re: Rusting hulk

Post by maria » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:09 am

sparkywig wrote:Can someone let me have his contact details please?
I seem to have misplaced them.
Have pm'd you his mobile number
Sweetheart, let him decide if he wants to sell it. Perhaps give him his balls back out of your handbag


sparkywig
Registered user
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: mostly here, sometimes there

Re: Rusting hulk

Post by sparkywig » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:26 am

Thanks to all that sent me Simon's number.
I won't lose it this time.
:)

User avatar

Ambubird
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 1062
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Re: Rusting hulk

Post by Ambubird » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:41 am

I agree, top bloke. He helped us out when we had a dropped spindle disaster 8O
Simon, we salute you! :cheers:
Image


paulm20000
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:44 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Rusting hulk

Post by paulm20000 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:29 pm

Where in Bristol is he based? Company or going it alone? What sorta work oes he undertake? Know few vw places around Bristol but always useful to have another that is recommended


nick
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 4803
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:32 am
Location: hairy ford

Re: Rusting hulk

Post by nick » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:02 pm

paulm20000 wrote:Where in Bristol is he based? Company or going it alone? What sorta work oes he undertake? Know few vw places around Bristol but always useful to have another that is recommended
Hes got an old oil covered bench in a council garage.. His only tools are a massive hammer and some old hacksaw blades... But he is pretty good with a grease gun...... :wink:

User avatar

Rusting Hulk
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 1346
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:05 pm

Re: Rusting hulk

Post by Rusting Hulk » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:29 pm

I've been evicted from the council garage, but I bought an inflatable garage from Machine Mart, so i'm now anywhere I can hack into some electric... very big hammer still in use though :wink:
I only do stock or dropped spindles and steering boxes to order.

Thanks to all for the kind words....not you Nick :)
1964 Porsche 356 C

Reconditioned Steering Boxes, 50-67 Kingpins stock or Dropped, to order. Pm for Details.


Rusty Lee
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 2033
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:38 pm
Location: Hereford

Re: Rusting hulk

Post by Rusty Lee » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:34 pm

Nice to see nick back on the forum but only to wind people up! On your bike nick! Well Harley. :wink:
Rock and roll beds for Bay,split,T25,T4 and T5,full width and 3/4 all steel framed. Pm me for info or visit my website

http://www.vwrustylee.com


23 window Bamba! the rarest of The rare

Image

User avatar

Scotty
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 1614
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:08 am
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Re: Rusting hulk

Post by Scotty » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:23 pm

Rusting Hulk wrote:I've been evicted from the council garage, but I bought an inflatable garage from Machine Mart
Haha superb! Have garage, will travel.

Nice one Si


nick
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 4803
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:32 am
Location: hairy ford

Re: Rusting hulk

Post by nick » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Rusty Lee wrote:Nice to see nick back on the forum but only to wind people up! On your bike nick! Well Harley. :wink:
I might be here for another reason rusty b@//°cks.
:wink:


Huw
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:40 pm
Location: Bridgend

Re: Rusting hulk

Post by Huw » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:48 pm

nick wrote:
paulm20000 wrote:Where in Bristol is he based? Company or going it alone? What sorta work oes he undertake? Know few vw places around Bristol but always useful to have another that is recommended
Hes got an old oil covered bench in a council garage.. His only tools are a massive hammer and some old hacksaw blades... But he is pretty good with a grease gun...... :wink:
Need a LIKE button!

User avatar

Le Counte de JAYFOR
SSVC Member
SSVC Member
Posts: 8791
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:01 am
Location: Normandie/Londres
Contact:

Re: Rusting hulk

Post by Le Counte de JAYFOR » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:54 pm

That's not the only inflatable he's got, and the tool he uses in that is nothing to sing and dance about :wink:

Classic Le Mans next year??

Post Reply