2012 Ssvc agm @victoria farm,

This section is for general discussion related to VWs, and air-cooled bits ‘n bats.

spike the paint

Re: 2012 Ssvc agm @victoria farm,

Post by spike the paint » Tue May 01, 2012 9:05 pm

seriously does anyone know what the ground is gonna be like ........ :roll:
who wants usefulness or practicality in a vehicle as opposed to old, technologically outdated, unreliable, under powered, over priced "vans". They are not exactly the definition of "useful" under any circumstance
We drive/like these 'cause they just look cool. Nothing else.

Max Last
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Max Last » Tue May 01, 2012 9:06 pm

All good, according to Eddys post earlier :cheers:
Bothering the blinkered since 1969.

Topic Author
paneldave

Post by paneldave » Tue May 01, 2012 9:37 pm

Yep, alls good there!
The land there is fortunate enough to drain off very quickly and coupled with the fact it's on an ever so slight incline.
See you there :wink:
ssvc president 2011

os1624
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by os1624 » Tue May 01, 2012 10:41 pm

Everyone,

Enjoy yourselves again this year. We won't be attending due to the Bus requiring a little :violent1:

For those of you in tents, don't camp on the top field.... Unless you've got four sleeping bags!

I won't forget last year.... Pippa Middletons bum!

Ben & Jen
The Blaupunkt Bus '66 11 Window Swedish Import The closest I'll get to a Swedish Blonde!

mclarni
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by mclarni » Wed May 02, 2012 8:42 am

VOTM August 2012 :)

THE MARMITE BUS

viewtopic.php?t=47958

lambretta
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by lambretta » Wed May 02, 2012 12:55 pm

mclarni wrote:Looking better by the day. 8)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html
which bit about it being 1 degree on saturday night (as in 1 degree above the point where water freezes) is looking better!?

Can't say I've ever had to prepare for the first summer camping trip of the year by wondering how to keep the kids from waking up with frost on their faces 8O

Still going like, it's just really, really annoying that it's going to be so cold.

mclarni
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by mclarni » Wed May 02, 2012 2:01 pm

lambretta wrote:

which bit about it being 1 degree on saturday night (as in 1 degree above the point where water freezes) is looking better!?

Can't say I've ever had to prepare for the first summer camping trip of the year by wondering how to keep the kids from waking up with frost on their faces 8O

Still going like, it's just really, really annoying that it's going to be so cold.
True,

It does say it's gonna be cold on saturday night. But surely that's better than cold and wet. :wink:

A bit of extra bedding, some warm clothes and a few hot water bottles will see the kids through the night. :bigsmurf:

All I'm saying is that the forecast is changing by the day.

(I am hoping that my eberspacher is gonna work though. Haven't got the bus at the moment to test it, collecting it from the lockup tomorrow)

Nick
VOTM August 2012 :)

THE MARMITE BUS

viewtopic.php?t=47958

lambretta
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by lambretta » Wed May 02, 2012 2:08 pm

mclarni wrote:
lambretta wrote:

True,

It does say it's gonna be cold on saturday night. But surely that's better than cold and wet. :wink:

A bit of extra bedding, some warm clothes and a few hot water bottles will see the kids through the night. :bigsmurf:

All I'm saying is that the forecast is changing by the day.

(I am hoping that my eberspacher is gonna work though. Haven't got the bus at the moment to test it, collecting it from the lockup tomorrow)

Nick
I spent a couple of hours re-wiring my eberspacher up last night just to make sure it was okay! Havent used it for a year or so but its fine and now has nice new earths and fuses. It's a bit noisy mind, and I dont have a thermostat so I couldn't leave it on all night, but good for the mornings.

If I'm honest, the kids will probably be fine, it will be me and the missus that are moaning about it :oops:

Still looking forward to it for sure :bounce:

Paul66spliy

Post by Paul66spliy » Thu May 03, 2012 7:42 pm

It's going to be great :flower:

Not just the kids with Hot water bottles

Looking forward to it tooooo we should see the sun!!

Will be a great show, we all know :) Happy days

Paul

tman
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by tman » Fri May 04, 2012 1:06 am

Posted live from camp Viccy Farm....

Things are slightly damp here but no rain ATM, all good. On the way here we saw a lot of flooded fields and rivers/streams which had burst their banks and admittedly they put me off a little but, as the site owners have already mentioned, here at Viccy Farm the slope of the field is keeping it firm.

Weather outlook looks a little more optimistic Friday onwards but of course that could all change. :flower: :cheers:
Andrew

MikeWhite

Post by MikeWhite » Fri May 04, 2012 7:41 am

Hey all. New splitty owner here of just a couple of months and only live 10 mins away from Viccy farm/Stanford. Been going to the stanford show for years and have always watched the splitty convoy in awe and now hoping to join in :D . Can only make the Sunday morning to Stanford because of work commitments :cry:

So, are we (my wife, the dog and I) able to join in the convoy and buy stanford tickets at Viccy's? What time do you usually set off?

Cheers for any help. Cant bloomin wait! :bounce:

MikeWhite

Post by MikeWhite » Fri May 04, 2012 7:44 am

MikeWhite wrote:Hey all. New splitty owner here of just a couple of months and only live 10 mins away from Viccy farm/Stanford. Been going to the stanford show for years and have always watched the splitty convoy in awe and now hoping to join in :D . Can only make the Sunday morning to Stanford because of work commitments :cry:

So, are we (my wife, the dog and I) able to join in the convoy and buy stanford tickets at Viccy's? What time do you usually set off?

Cheers for any help. Cant bloomin wait! :bounce:

Bugger. Just saw the show has been postponed :( - http://www.stanfordhallvw.co.uk/

Topic Author
paneldave

Post by paneldave » Fri May 04, 2012 8:39 am

Don't worry peeps!!
We're open at vic farm and I've had a walk round and although it rained last night for a few hours it's clear now and no rain forecasted again till monday night!

See you here guys..

Don't worry we're going to have a ball guys I promise!! X
ssvc president 2011

jillyh-s

Post by jillyh-s » Fri May 04, 2012 1:22 pm

No Stanford Hall :( but viccy farm is by far the best bit anyway :compress: see you in a couple of hours :flower:

Marvelwear
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by Marvelwear » Fri May 04, 2012 3:29 pm

well ill use the works astra van!!!see you all ther.
[img]http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo27 ... 902021.jpg[/img] 63 CKD Australian type2t1b School clothing bus from Melbourne called"Marvin"